Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nanglez
12.11.2012 , 04:39 AM | #1391
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
in reality though, AP servers are just aussies/kiwis. asians get terrible ping going to AP servers. we play mostly on US servers.
Untrue, i'm an Aussie who was apart of one of the largest guilds on Dalborra, and that was a heavily singaporean based guild. In fact I know quite a few Singaporeans who play this game. There's one example of people outside Australia/NZ. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Don't go making sweeping generalizations when you have no evidence to back up your claims...

SeoYeonji
12.11.2012 , 04:41 AM | #1392
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
in reality though, AP servers are just aussies/kiwis. asians get terrible ping going to AP servers. we play mostly on US servers.
nah, I got around 100 - 130ms on oceanic server. 300++ on US, definitely not gonna play there
Unsubscribed 26-03-2013 in Protest to APAC server closure.
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra -www.zer0ping.com

Chaori
12.11.2012 , 04:49 AM | #1393
Level 50 Legacy.
6 level 50 characters.
Guild leader of biggest guild on Master D (270 active members)
4 Operation groups raiding consistently
5 GBank tabs
50 million credits in GBank
Full min-maxed Dread Guard

You want me to re-roll and lose all of this? I'd rather quit the game or get banned abusing BioWare until APAC servers are fixed.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.11.2012 , 04:53 AM | #1394
Quote: Originally Posted by sithuprising View Post
Pay 15$ a month to help the game grow. or quit complaining about the lack of 'rights' and 'equality'. your getting a free ride here if you are F2P.

on topic, i don't see why we cant have merges or xfers now? they have done it before already....
Because its self defeating to the purpose of ensuring game population. If they allowed server X-fers before this whole mess isn't resolved you will get dead ones and other that are just imbalanced.

It would be hard to police and alot of other MMO's that did this no longer give a flying **** about maintaining them. Finally enough with the elitest attitude over freemium players. We want them so they can eventually pay to play this game, treating them like **** on the forums is counter productive and lording over the fact you pay $15 a month and they don't and should leave isn't helping anyone.

sithuprising
12.11.2012 , 04:53 AM | #1395
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
Level 50 Legacy.
6 level 50 characters.
Guild leader of biggest guild on Master D (270 active members)
4 Operation groups raiding consistently
5 GBank tabs
50 million credits in GBank
Full min-maxed Dread Guard

You want me to re-roll and lose all of this? I'd rather quit the game or get banned abusing BioWare until APAC servers are fixed.
by 270 active guild members you mean 27 right?

the last time i even saw 200 people on the fleet was back on the first week of US > APAC xfers lol

Chaori
12.11.2012 , 04:55 AM | #1396
by 270 active guild members you mean 27 right?

the last time i even saw 200 people on the fleet was back on the first week of US > APAC xfers lol
275 including alts, so probably about 100 active

sithuprising
12.11.2012 , 05:02 AM | #1397
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
Finally enough with the elitest attitude over freemium players. We want them so they can eventually pay to play this game, treating them like **** on the forums is counter productive and lording over the fact you pay $15 a month and they don't and should leave isn't helping anyone.
I'm still consistently hearing them ***** and moan about how they should have everything the subs have, if that was to happen then that takes away the point of F2P does it not.

FYI there not here to test out the game to see if they want to play it, they are here to play for FREE, its advertised as a free game not a trial. its pretty much like swtor's version of centrelink.

sithuprising
12.11.2012 , 05:04 AM | #1398
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
275 including alts, so probably about 100 active
hmm quite good, especially for APAC

noodlehaus
12.11.2012 , 05:10 AM | #1399
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
Untrue, i'm an Aussie who was apart of one of the largest guilds on Dalborra, and that was a heavily singaporean based guild. In fact I know quite a few Singaporeans who play this game. There's one example of people outside Australia/NZ. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Don't go making sweeping generalizations when you have no evidence to back up your claims...
my bad for the sweeping statement. there's some truth in it though. around 30+ of us (friends and acquaintances) played at the harbinger before AP servers. AP came up, tried them (PH and SG players) and the pings were worse than the Harbinger. could be an ISP problem, but still a problem. so we all rolled the harbinger again. now though, it's just me left playing. everyone went back to pandaria. i play both.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.11.2012 , 05:10 AM | #1400
I'm still consistently hearing them ***** and moan about how they should have everything the subs have, if that was to happen then that takes away the point of F2P does it not.

FYI there not here to test out the game to see if they want to play it, they are here to play for FREE, its advertised as a free game not a trial. its pretty much like swtor's version of centrelink.
I really haven't seen any arguments posted or discussed on MD server without it being troll behavior. Honestly its free but the unlocks are there forever. The fact is the ones who seem to want keep playing for free and want all that stuff as you have said leave the game or decide to buy, sub or leave.

Point is they can play all the level 50 content they have without paying a cent and if they want more they pay or they leave thats it the complainers can come back and try it out with no pressure at all.

So knock it off with the attitude.