Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dlc

OmegaJinjo
12.07.2012 , 08:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GoreGieger View Post
Too bad they didn't sink a little more money into the voice acting so that not every player character of the same class/race/gender sounded identical to each other.

Having one voice works fine in a game like Mass Effect 2, but in a game like this they should have had the foresight to have voice sets to choose from so people teamed up didn't sound exactly the same if they had the same character setup. Every male human Jedi knight sounding exactly the same comes off as a bit cheap and unfinished when you consider the effort that went into the NPC voice acting.

It would be great if they fixed this in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah... first off, they hired some amazing voice actors... Steven Blum, David Hayter, Jennifer Hale... these people were not cheap... secondly, there is an absurd amount of dialogue to record if they want to redo it, plus programming it in, yeah I can tell you 100% that is never ever going to happen.

The interviews about Cathar are making new races not look promising. They won't outright say no, but from everything we've gotten from them, Wookiee and Rodian are most likely either not happening or won't be coming for a very long time if they did decide to, they really don't want to use generic alienese every time a main character talks, they want basic. They also keep saying that making Cathar has been a pretty big pita for them, it's expensive and time consuming, and if the race doesn't sell well, the likelihood of more races isn't good.
If they do another species, I'm going to guess it'll be the Togruta, it's a humanoid specie that can speak basic, and it's probably the most popular, or at least up there with Wookiee in popularity.

Eillack
12.07.2012 , 09:05 AM | #22
For the love of God use Search instead of making a ton of clone threads people!
  • Cathar have been asked for since Beta
  • This species has still been the most popular on request
  • We knew of this months ago (Cathar being added)
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BlueArab
12.07.2012 , 09:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
But Hutts don't have feet!
Someone eat this guy.

But in all seriousness, I think this game should have a lot more playable species, than what is available at the moment. The Star Wars galaxy blew our minds because of the amazing universe that George Lucas created. I mean, one of the most famous scenes is the cantina scene in Jedi.

I'm not saying to have hundreds of species (though that would be amazing), but there should easily be 15-20 playable species.

MrSchmo
12.07.2012 , 09:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
wookie: who wants to play as a walking ape?!
Kel Dor: who wants to play as a walking crustacean?!
Neimoidian: Who wants to play as a walking frog?!
Trandoshan: Who wants to play as a walking lizard?!
Rodians: Who wants to play as a walking gecko?!

seriously... you dont want to play as a "walking cat" but all of those seem perfectly viable to you?
I think a Wookie is more closely related to a walking dog then ape, no? Or closer to a Mog? Either way it's a walking carpet.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Goretzu
12.10.2012 , 04:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
I think a Wookie is more closely related to a walking dog then ape, no? Or closer to a Mog? Either way it's a walking carpet.
The Carpeted Man is a walking carpet (the orange one on the right).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

DameonLG
12.16.2012 , 12:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GoreGieger View Post
Too bad they didn't sink a little more money into the voice acting so that not every player character of the same class/race/gender sounded identical to each other.

Having one voice works fine in a game like Mass Effect 2, but in a game like this they should have had the foresight to have voice sets to choose from so people teamed up didn't sound exactly the same if they had the same character setup. Every male human Jedi knight sounding exactly the same comes off as a bit cheap and unfinished when you consider the effort that went into the NPC voice acting.

It would be great if they fixed this in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
Something I'd actually pay for from the Cartel store.

Kashley
12.16.2012 , 12:40 PM | #27
Cel Cawdo has an excellent thread on this with polls... No one on those polls pointed out Cathar as a wanted race as I can recall, but you should take a look at his thread its amazing.

Heres the link incase you wanna eyeball it OP
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479757
Insert witty signature here.

TheHunterC
12.16.2012 , 01:05 PM | #28
Kaleesh
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

DanteDeLaRocha
12.16.2012 , 01:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by snewsh View Post
id like to play a hutt. i think that would be interesting.
You can play a Hutt if you want, but I ain't waiting for your *** to catch up. They'll have to come with a hover sled or something.
The Cookiemonster Legacy, The Shadowlands

Aelther
12.16.2012 , 01:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by snewsh View Post
id like to play a hutt. i think that would be interesting.
A Jedi Guardian Hutt, jumping all over the place...

Anyway I'd really love to play a Kel Dor, they are the most awesome race in Star Wars.