Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scrapper needs to be fixed.

ArchArcher
12.05.2012 , 11:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Yeah, pet hate.

I'll just stand in the corner here, don't know how long for, nobody come around the pillar please. Wonder how the fight's going? Have I got any cigarettes left to pass the time? Did I leave a dot on someone that lasts for 5 minutes?... Akaavi or Risha, Risha or Akaavi?.... Did I turn the gas off before I left the freighter?.....

Oh Frack it, Disappearing Act's off cd now I'll use that.

...aaah, freaking stealth blinked blue just as I pressed DA. Must kill marauders.
LoL story of my life

Would it be that bad to grant us a ability that get's us away from combat ? Channeled skill that takes 5 or even 15 seconds, any damage etc cancels the skill.

Felchette round gives us 30% armor ignore, how about give that effect to you, but also lower armor of the target you hit with it by 20% for everyone. That means your group members can have that slight 20% armor pen boost and you'd have total of 50% armor ignore for the duration for the target. This would at least by some extend boost the scrappers value in a group.

Flying fists can only happend every 10sec, it should be like every 3sec

Vital shot should somehow improve our damage or something to the target. Maybe every crit of vital shot tick could give us some energy ?

mulzii
12.05.2012 , 10:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
Enrage > Force Leap > 8k Smash. All doable in like 2 secs time. Pretty close to an opener, and then spam vicious slash to lower the cd and rage cost on smash making your next one free and 8k again within seconds.

Scrapers have Shoot First and then Back Blast, both with fixed cooldowns that we can't spam other abilities to lower the cd or energy cost of, and also can't make it a 100% guaranteed crit, nor ever come close to a single hit of that size.

Smash is a much better opener any way you look at it.
i really, really wish people would stop posting this false information. Is smash OP? Probably. But no one, regardless of how geared, would hit for 8k with an opener enrage-->FL-->smash. A lucky crit with that rotation may hit for 4-5km, maybe (on an ungeared person). Now if i have 5 stacks (through choke or crush), then yes, 8k is possible thou extremely rare. I hit for 5k consistantly, crit in the 6k range often on ungeared/light armor folks and once in a wz MAY get a 8k smash. but thats usually against ungeared folks in pve gear. No way your getting those numbers without crush/choke building shockwaves, which takes time to build..

Harkin
12.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #23
Well i am lvling a scrapper scoudrel, just returned to the game, i noticed little has changed when it comes to pve wich is what i like to do, so im to assume i simply cant do the harder pve content due to my build being seen as complete garbage ? seems sad such a great class is reduced to burst damage and pvp .

oaceen
12.06.2012 , 04:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Harkin View Post
Well i am lvling a scrapper scoudrel, just returned to the game, i noticed little has changed when it comes to pve wich is what i like to do, so im to assume i simply cant do the harder pve content due to my build being seen as complete garbage ? seems sad such a great class is reduced to burst damage and pvp .
there's a few recent threads on the issue.

the general consensus is this: no, you are not as OP as some other melee classes (watchmen/combat sentinels, assault vanguards), but you aren't completely useless if you're a good player.
scrapper needs a few buffs and tweaks, and other classes probably deserve a nerf, but you are certainly capable of completing raid content as a scrapper.

Helig
12.06.2012 , 04:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
i really, really wish people would stop posting this false information. Is smash OP? Probably. But no one, regardless of how geared, would hit for 8k with an opener enrage-->FL-->smash. A lucky crit with that rotation may hit for 4-5km, maybe (on an ungeared person). Now if i have 5 stacks (through choke or crush), then yes, 8k is possible thou extremely rare. I hit for 5k consistantly, crit in the 6k range often on ungeared/light armor folks and once in a wz MAY get a 8k smash. but thats usually against ungeared folks in pve gear. No way your getting those numbers without crush/choke building shockwaves, which takes time to build..
Eh, Singularity stacks to 4. Enrage gives exactly 4. Charge gives 10% damage bonus via Vindicator set. The only thing that you don't have is a Sunder stack, which doesn't make an enormous difference anyway.

But yeah, 8k is high-Expertise+high Power+potentially red Warzone buff vs a low-Expertise, low-armour target. Not something you'd see often - or ever - if fighting against geared enemies.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Mindwreck
12.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #26
I don't think scrappers need to be fixed. If they received any more buffs i think they would be nearing an OP state again.
Shoot 1st has got to be the best opener of any class if you consider the knockdown + fletchette round dot being applied. SF + FR does more damage then even smash if SF crits. You might say since FR is a 6 sec dot it doesnt count.
But at the very minimum it takes 6 seconds to kill someone, so that dot should definitely be considered seeing how you didn't have to waste a GCD to get it.

SharpG
12.08.2012 , 02:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
I don't think scrappers need to be fixed. If they received any more buffs i think they would be nearing an OP state again.
Shoot 1st has got to be the best opener of any class if you consider the knockdown + fletchette round dot being applied. SF + FR does more damage then even smash if SF crits. You might say since FR is a 6 sec dot it doesnt count.
But at the very minimum it takes 6 seconds to kill someone, so that dot should definitely be considered seeing how you didn't have to waste a GCD to get it.
And guess what? That opener isn't available out of stealth, if it doesn't crit, you're basically screwed, besides, SF + FR costs a grand total of 35 energy, scrappers are far too reliant on stealth, its a major crutch for them

What i'd like to see is sucker punch proc reduced from happening every 10s to something like 6s and every sucker punch reduces the CD of back blast by 1.5s

OrderOfVirtue
12.08.2012 , 07:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Yeah, pet hate.

I'll just stand in the corner here, don't know how long for, nobody come around the pillar please. Wonder how the fight's going? Have I got any cigarettes left to pass the time? Did I leave a dot on someone that lasts for 5 minutes?... Akaavi or Risha, Risha or Akaavi?.... Did I turn the gas off before I left the freighter?.....

Oh Frack it, Disappearing Act's off cd now I'll use that.

...aaah, freaking stealth blinked blue just as I pressed DA. Must kill marauders.
BAHAHAHA how many times has this happened?!?!?! Honestly!!

These people discussing our class have either never played it, or played it in ranked WZ's.... Come on guys Assasins > SCOUNDRELS hands down.... Its sad anymore, mine as well just re roll an assasin....

BUT IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR SCOUNDREL THEN BUMP THIS POST!!!

I BELIEVE THAT OPS AND SCOUNDRELS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN ENOUGH!!! LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD!! DONT LET BIOWARE DO THIS TO US!!! STAND UP AND FIGHT!

Mindwreck
12.10.2012 , 01:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
And guess what? That opener isn't available out of stealth, if it doesn't crit, you're basically screwed, besides, SF + FR costs a grand total of 35 energy, scrappers are far too reliant on stealth, its a major crutch for them

What i'd like to see is sucker punch proc reduced from happening every 10s to something like 6s and every sucker punch reduces the CD of back blast by 1.5s
I don't see what the problem is fighting out of stealth. Basically when I engage someone out of stealth I consider it an even fight where either one of us can win. When I'm in stealth my targets in alot of trouble. And no, it doesn't matter if SF crits or not, it's still alot of damage right out of the gate my enemy somehow needs to re-balance. If you can't fight out of stealth then you obviously haven't been scrapper for very long. Make use of those Dirty Kicks and Flash Bangs, and the most under-rated skill has got to be the Tendon Blast with root. Tendon Blast and Back Blast are on a 12 sec CD for a reason. I pretty much guarentees a Back Blast every 12 secs. As far as your argument about SF+FR costing 35 energy, this is downright ridiculous and leads me to beleive your not very experienced. First off my SF only cost 17 energy. 17+15=32. Secondly if your dumb enough to wait to the very last second to load FR before SF, yeah that is a steep energy cost. That's why you load it well beforehand, so energy replenishes before you open up.

ArchArcher
12.10.2012 , 02:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
I don't see what the problem is fighting out of stealth. Basically when I engage someone out of stealth I consider it an even fight where either one of us can win. When I'm in stealth my targets in alot of trouble. And no, it doesn't matter if SF crits or not, it's still alot of damage right out of the gate my enemy somehow needs to re-balance. If you can't fight out of stealth then you obviously haven't been scrapper for very long. Make use of those Dirty Kicks and Flash Bangs, and the most under-rated skill has got to be the Tendon Blast with root. Tendon Blast and Back Blast are on a 12 sec CD for a reason. I pretty much guarentees a Back Blast every 12 secs. As far as your argument about SF+FR costing 35 energy, this is downright ridiculous and leads me to beleive your not very experienced. First off my SF only cost 17 energy. 17+15=32. Secondly if your dumb enough to wait to the very last second to load FR before SF, yeah that is a steep energy cost. That's why you load it well beforehand, so energy replenishes before you open up.
Consider it even fight ? Have you fought any lvl 50's in wz's ? Put some videos up on youtube for us, I wanna see how you faceroll maras, assassins and powertechs.