Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrGreaterGood
12.09.2012 , 10:53 AM | #1091
Though I have not called CS, I have read the FAQ and now seeing this post I cannot help but think it is on their end. I have used my CC information since launch and have bought cartel coins on multiple occasions. Just last night though I got an error saying that it could not be completed. Knowing that my CC was perfectly fine having just made a purchase on it from different places, I thought perhaps I have met a 24 hour limit through Star Wars. Now it has been 3 days, still no go. Please fix this.

I have read multiple posts about being charged hundreds of dollars for the failed attempts... if this happens for any reason I am going to lose it.
Noure | Boddah | Tiamatria
The Vexxed - The Harbinger

Riavar
12.09.2012 , 07:53 PM | #1092
Day 4, still unable to buy Cartel Coins.

Myriagonvaltorix
12.09.2012 , 09:17 PM | #1093
I called them this afternoon around 2EST and actually quickly got a hold of someone who transferred me to billing. I was on hold for 2.5 hours before a very helpful CS from France named Mary who seemed aware of the problem removed and re-added my card and stayed on the phone with me while i purchased coins in order to make sure that i received them. I was never charged for any of my previous attempts and i had been essentially locked out of purchases since the day after F2P and tried to make a purchase every other day since then without success until i finally broke down and called.

It's a pain to be on hold for that long but Gmail-calling was a lifesaver and i'm glad it was resolved for me in just one (long) go.

Stansman
12.09.2012 , 09:34 PM | #1094
Quote: Originally Posted by Myriagonvaltorix View Post
I called them this afternoon around 2EST and actually quickly got a hold of someone who transferred me to billing. I was on hold for 2.5 hours before a very helpful CS from France named Mary who seemed aware of the problem removed and re-added my card and stayed on the phone with me while i purchased coins in order to make sure that i received them. I was never charged for any of my previous attempts and i had been essentially locked out of purchases since the day after F2P and tried to make a purchase every other day since then without success until i finally broke down and called.

It's a pain to be on hold for that long but Gmail-calling was a lifesaver and i'm glad it was resolved for me in just one (long) go.
Good to hear it worked for you but its very frustrating that I went through the exact same process and even the guy I was talking to couldnt buy me coins..theres obviously going to be no universal quick fix to this issue.

Dorxo
12.09.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1095
just to update you guys I am now locked out of my first account because rolled back to f2p Spent 20 frustrating minutes talking to a person who coudlnt understand me to even get my account numbers.

In game tickets have all been wiped on that account and I have been told they refuse to solve unless via phone.

The phone line in New Zealand does not actually ring or work so I have to ring one at the cost of about 2 dollars a minute overseas.

They have asked me to ring back at 3am New Zealand time to try speak to someone higher up the food chain.

I have had enough.
Bioware OBVIOUSLY doesnt care at all about any of us even to have the respect to post in here and let us know what is going on.

My visa cards are full of money but i have ZERO way to pay.

I have had enough of you bioware you can go to hell.

xOxDarkyxOx
12.09.2012 , 10:13 PM | #1096
Any p2p guys who cannot buy Cartel Coins should be thankful ^^ Saves you money.

Dorxo
12.09.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1097
when I try reinput my credit card now it tells me bioware can use my credit card forinput..

Makes me feel like a fkn common criminal that they wont accept my credit card.

I am literally SO angry at this.

I have tried ringing I have had no help I am just sick of this.

If things are literally this broken and they wont respond or care at least put in some way for us to direct credit pay or something else because you have cocked this up not us.

I am really angry about losing my subscriber status on my accounts (this one not yet but in 6 days it is gone too).

Thanks for also letting my guild down who wont have my healer my dps or my tank for raiding anymore.

Absolutely pathetic.

Dorxo
12.09.2012 , 10:56 PM | #1098
it is blatantly obvious to any half wit customer service person who took any interest that they have essentially black listed a WHOLE heap of credit card numbers mine included.

So I cannot use it on either of my accounts.

This happened mostly to people who bought a lot of credits in the first few days and perhaps had some failed ones due to either no money or errors, or debit card running dry.

I have had no luck getting help on the phone line from anyone even slightly useful it took me 15 minutes to even get her to understand the letter Z or X, and I have no faith in them ever admitting they have made a monumental cockup in the billing and Visa area.

It is also not my job to ring on toll calls to other countries to try fix this at 3am because the New Zealand phone number doesnt seem to work.

It borderlines on fraud to take all the money for cartel coins then shut down the ability of someone to pay and not respond to them so they lose their account and then not even respond to them or attempt to inform them of what is going on.

This is not a problem at bank end my bank said it isnt, Visa said it isnt, they said its obviously bioware with a data list of credit cards it is now blocking from use and paypal accounts linked to those credit cards.

At this point I am unsure what to do, I have lost one account, I am soon to lose this one as well.

I am pretty sure what I will end up doing is just firing up guildwars. I feel ashamed I even gave so much money to their cartel coins on day 1 and 2, and only have myself to blame for trusting EA who have a track record of almost criminal negligent customer service.

This is probably my last post because when they shut down this account as the payment fails in a few days I will be unable to post again.

Stansman
12.09.2012 , 11:27 PM | #1099
Even a new non Visa card I hadn't had listed with them before was blocked from buying coins and one of their higher level team members couldnt fix it or come up with a solution except to suggest keep trying and maybe ring them again. The number of players they are losing over this is growing and will eventually include myself if they dont come with an answer or at least give us an update of the situation soon. Theres no point in paying for the game when the option of using a major game feature like the Cartel Market is permanently blocked.

Dorxo
12.10.2012 , 12:03 AM | #1100
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
Even a new non Visa card I hadn't had listed with them before was blocked from buying coins and one of their higher level team members couldnt fix it or come up with a solution except to suggest keep trying and maybe ring them again. The number of players they are losing over this is growing and will eventually include myself if they dont come with an answer or at least give us an update of the situation soon. Theres no point in paying for the game when the option of using a major game feature like the Cartel Market is permanently blocked.
It goes far deeper than that mate, when your billing cycle roles around you cant pay anymore and they shut off your account back to F2P and your guild has no main tank or healer for the raid at the weekend.

I just lost one account today and lose the other one in 5 days time.

At this point i think its fraud. I paid for cartel coins spent a LOT of money on them first day and now neither account can be resubbed..
I want a refund on the cartel coins since 1.5 as I am no longer able to play their game and use the items in them due to their fault.

I cannot play end game as f2p. It isnt posisble. I cant even equip half my gear.

Bioware blatantly is buying time by not commeting but all they are doing is losing customers.

This is the biggest head in the sand ive seen in the history of business.. lalalalala the sky is falling lalalalalalalala