Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transcendent
12.09.2012 , 05:19 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Try updating your sound drivers they are a few years old if your board manufacturer doesnt have them use the link below.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
No offence intended, but no other game has any issues. This is the only game I get crashes in (and to be fair it's only doing it on that particular quest afaik).

It's not the sound drivers. Or the graphics card drivers. Or the fact I have a fraction of an overclock to 4GHz. Next it'll be dust in the case (and no there isn't any....). Or maybe I should disable my anti-virus? That's also never going to happen. No, this is an issue with the game, pure and simple.

Skalds
12.09.2012 , 06:12 PM | #302
Can°t finish mission flashpoint The Esseles ( group 2) ...when you are speaking with officer Haken than crashes to desktop...5 times now.

OwenBrooks
12.10.2012 , 12:18 AM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
No offence intended, but no other game has any issues. This is the only game I get crashes in (and to be fair it's only doing it on that particular quest afaik).

It's not the sound drivers. Or the graphics card drivers. Or the fact I have a fraction of an overclock to 4GHz. Next it'll be dust in the case (and no there isn't any....). Or maybe I should disable my anti-virus? That's also never going to happen. No, this is an issue with the game, pure and simple.
did you turn off ambient occlusions in the nvidia control panel ?
i have seen alot of 500 series cards that seem to have this issue

Transcendent
12.10.2012 , 02:08 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
did you turn off ambient occlusions in the nvidia control panel ?
i have seen alot of 500 series cards that seem to have this issue
That's fixed.

Quote:
New in GeForce 306.97 Drivers:

Other Profile Updates
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic

psikofunkster
12.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #305
Is the CTD issue gonna be fixed in 1.6?

psikofunkster
12.10.2012 , 02:17 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by Skalds View Post
Can°t finish mission flashpoint The Esseles ( group 2) ...when you are speaking with officer Haken than crashes to desktop...5 times now.
yes me too.

zorprimus
12.10.2012 , 04:01 PM | #307
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru
Frequency of crashing – First time on my new PC...
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Jumping to lightspeed leaving the Black Talon

Great...if you look at the specs for this PC when compared to my previous report, you'll see a VASTLY improved device and what happens my first HM/BT? CTD FTL!!!

DXDiag:
Spoiler

Reliability Report:
Spoiler
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

QuiDonJorn
12.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #308
Was thinking my little 32-bit Windows XP with 3g ram was part of the issue, but now Im starting to see that perhaps it's not. Why get more ram when that's been proven to still do it with ppl who have 8 gigs of ram? it was all fine before 1.4.

1.Name of server. Jedi Covenant
2.Name of character(s) affected. All - Quidon Zael'us, V'dori, Ilson, Satei, Su'toka, Caeyl, Om'manil, Q'el-dor
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? very often, since 1.4, more often now since 1.5.
5-7 times a day, every hour or so now.
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. : happens at any random time during normal gameplay.
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Spoiler

You would think they would have wanted to fix all this memory leak stuff before they went F2P, but I guess not.
And now 1.6 is going live?
Hope 1.6 deals with this issue.
-QDJ

Mikimaster
12.10.2012 , 08:26 PM | #309
Server : Prophecy of The Five

Characters : Mikimaster and Mikimasters and Katsume

It was crashing every few steps and now crashes when I login

Spoiler

Spoiler

Crashes to desktop ,says that swtor has stopped working

Apith
12.10.2012 , 11:14 PM | #310
Name of server. Harbinger, Jedi Covenant

Name of character(s) affected. All characters

Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Started happening today. Was working fine with no crashes yesterday. Logged in today and after 15 minutes of playing, lost connection, bumped to server selection screen. Tried to relog on, instant disconnect back to server selection screen.

This cannot be a problem on my side as it was working perfectly fine yesterday and given that I am experiencing the exact same problem everyone else on this thread is. Absolutely nothing was changed on my computer since yesterday when the game was working as it should.