Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Im back! need some input. "forgotten alot"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Im back! need some input. "forgotten alot"

Smoochi
12.08.2012 , 09:01 AM | #1
Hey guys im back to the game after a couple of months of being away.
thing is i tend to forget everything pritty fast and i would like to just try to get back in to things as soon as possible.
Got my self a lvl 43 merc. i like to pvp and pve equially alot. i was planning to go with a build thats directed towards pvp but will leave me able to still solo quest and some normal dunny runs.
Basicly i just want to know if this build is still viable? and if not please lemme know why and please feel free to leave suggestions
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZbIrrzhhrs.2

advice greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Kaidan_Samurai
12.09.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2
Quote:
Hey guys im back to the game after a couple of months of being away.
thing is i tend to forget everything pritty fast and i would like to just try to get back in to things as soon as possible.
Got my self a lvl 43 merc. i like to pvp and pve equially alot. i was planning to go with a build thats directed towards pvp but will leave me able to still solo quest and some normal dunny runs.
Basicly i just want to know if this build is still viable? and if not please lemme know why and please feel free to leave suggestions
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZbIrrzhhrs.2

advice greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Yes, this! I'm back from a 4 month absence and I am looking to find out what has changed. I'm going through the forums but I am having a hard time finding a single source post. Mostly I'm finding threads about a specific change, which is helpful but not all encompassing. Sometimes they seem outdated. I just want to make sure I'm studying the most current information.

I'm a level 50 arsenal merc with some black hole gear. Specifically looking for any changes that may have affected rotation and/or weapon priority.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Grafon
12.09.2012 , 02:04 PM | #3
Welcome back guys! Glad to see people still returning to the game. I cant speak for PVE, but I know that in PVP mercenary is not the best choice. It isnt that they arent "good" and cant be "good", but there are other classes that can replace them much, much easier and also have more useful mechanics. Pyro merc? Powertech is better. Arsenal merc? Sniper is better. Healer merc? Both sorc and agent argueably have more useful mechanics. Not trying to turn you away from the mercenary, but just a suggestion that may save you some time and frustration farther down the road. I've played a PT since launch and can vouch for the Pyro PT being very, very, VERY strong.
Sykotik
Sarkastik
Are you aware?

Smoochi
12.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #4
Yeah did some reading before posting and could tell that the Powertech is strong. but im honestly not too bothered by stuff like that, flavor of the month goes around depending on what buffs nerfs they toss out with updates. i find the merc fun to play. honestly i wouldent mind rerolling a Powertech cause i was really struggling with wich advance class to go with since they both were good "back then" and both seemed equally as fun to play. but im not sure if i can be arsed, ill get my guy up to 50 atleast so i get the race unluck then think about it abit.

but regarding the build what do you guys think. viable or just goo better left untouched? and here's a weird smilie just for the heck of it --->

Kaidan_Samurai
12.09.2012 , 06:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafon View Post
Welcome back guys! Glad to see people still returning to the game. I cant speak for PVE, but I know that in PVP mercenary is not the best choice. It isnt that they arent "good" and cant be "good", but there are other classes that can replace them much, much easier and also have more useful mechanics. Pyro merc? Powertech is better. Arsenal merc? Sniper is better. Healer merc? Both sorc and agent argueably have more useful mechanics. Not trying to turn you away from the mercenary, but just a suggestion that may save you some time and frustration farther down the road. I've played a PT since launch and can vouch for the Pyro PT being very, very, VERY strong.
I was a level 71 in PVP before I left the game. Of course I had a level 37 Operative as an Alt. Can you guess which two classes received the nerf bats the hardest? I rolled a Mara to be able to continue my role as DPS in PVP but alas Free To Play was announced. I felt like I was paying for something I could do for free in a few months. My 6 month sub was due and so many games were coming out in the fall that I wanted to play.

I am back and when I logged in my server had merged (again). 2 of my 5 toons needed to be renamed. My legacy name needed to be changed. I needed to respec as my points had been refunded. New skill? An interrupt! HA! Okay I'm starting to like this. Can anyone explain any other major changes? Do we have any other escape mechanic? I assume very little has changed based on the tool tips but if I'm missing something please post a reply.