Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disengage!!

Godlymuppet
12.09.2012 , 03:27 AM | #1
Title says it all. It's all we need. Well not all but mostly. Would have no impact on PVE. Make it so!!
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 10:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Title says it all. It's all we need. Well not all but mostly. Would have no impact on PVE. Make it so!!
Far from all we need, but it would help something fierce!
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA

Godlymuppet
12.09.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
For those who don't know what it is, it's a move that jumps you back 20 yards. Give us that on a twenty five second cool down and it would help immensely. You could even add a talent in each tree for it. One for five seconds off cool down. One for seventy percent move speed increase for four seconds after. One for roots the target you had for four seconds.

If we are to get an escape move as has been suggested that would be perfect. But you have to use it carefully near ledges, I saw many a hunter kill themselves using this by the lumbermill.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Goshik
12.09.2012 , 12:50 PM | #4
I think the ideal escape or way to disengage would be something like Zealous Leap like the Jedi Guardians have. We are a support class after all, how about letting us leap to our allies BW? Mercenaries would obviously use their jet-packs and commandos could use some kind of grapple or probe to bring us to the targeted ally. This way we could be a true support class because we could get to our allies quicker and take refuge with them when we start getting focused. No damage or tweaking necessary.
Rakish: Lv.55 Combat Medic

Kickimanjaro
12.10.2012 , 10:32 AM | #5
A leap-to-friendly heal would be an interesting concept for the Combat Medic tree, just saying.

"Need some triage?"
"I'M THERE!"
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

iDraxter
12.10.2012 , 10:54 AM | #6
No this backwards leap is needed for the hole merc/commandos not just healer, just like operatives have in combat stealth and sorcs got force speed they are class based not spec based
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

johnyangelo
12.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #7
Yes something that allows you to make that distance again quickly.

Kickimanjaro
12.10.2012 , 03:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
No this backwards leap is needed for the hole merc/commandos not just healer, just like operatives have in combat stealth and sorcs got force speed they are class based not spec based
Oh, I agree. I was just saying that if this leap were implemented, it could be changed depending on which tree you go. For example, you could have three different specializations, one for damage, another for stun, and lastly one for healing.
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

Adellion
12.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #9
Immunity to pulls/grapples/leaps for six seconds after using? Bit pointless to put a bit of distance in if people are just gonna leap to you, or pull you back. Very risky, esp in Huttball. If it's supposed to be an escape, it has to be something that has immune to leaps (e.g. force speed immunity to controlling effects, or stealthers becoming mildly untargetable in stealth).
You said you would never let go... you lied.

Kerensk
12.12.2012 , 05:45 AM | #10
I agree that the grapple thing would be cool, but the leap back would be trouble. Leaping forward you know where you're going, leaping back into a fire-trap or pit is worse than useless, it's a liability.

Grapple to friendly is clever and fit's the trooper style of being a fighter and teammate, not a coward that runs backward.
And I still think we need to add something that makes our Heavy Armor not be the squishiest in the game (seriously my sniper can waltz through a melee better in light armor).
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”