Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MagicTastic
12.09.2012 , 08:47 AM | #31
Where abouts can you find this ambient collusion in the control panel?

I too have an NVIDIA card and continously crash on each run of the flashpoints at the end.
Only thing is, mine crashes before even speaking to the guy/ship going into hyperspace.

Any noticeable difference in the game when turning ambient collusions off?

OwenBrooks
12.09.2012 , 09:37 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTastic View Post
Where abouts can you find this ambient collusion in the control panel?

I too have an NVIDIA card and continously crash on each run of the flashpoints at the end.
Only thing is, mine crashes before even speaking to the guy/ship going into hyperspace.

Any noticeable difference in the game when turning ambient collusions off?
This is an interesting workaround it would be worthwhile compiling what video cards and cpu's people have with this issue, as an example I have a i7 3930k and a 670gtx and have zero issues. this could also be passed back to nvidia if it seems to be a particular series of cards with ambient occlusion issues

MiraniSedai
12.09.2012 , 10:52 AM | #33
I have a Radeon HD 5850 running drivers from 6 months ago and I have not seen any crashing issues at all. Not sure that helps any but its one more bit of info for those collecting it.

2x i7 860@2.8 GHz
8 GB Ram
Win 7 64 bit

Edit: My husband reminded me that to fix crashing issues in another game I had to do a clean install of my drivers WITHOUT the Catalyst Control Center. No way to know if that is a factor or not in this case.

Elysith
12.09.2012 , 11:03 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by spiralthe View Post
301.42 didn't crash,current driver doesn't crash if i turn off ambient collusion in nvidia control panel.

I used nvidia 301.42 until swtor patch 1.5.1 , so its either the latest nvidia driver or the swtor patch.
Thanks.

I currently use 310.70 with Ambiant Occlusion OFF but SWTOR crashes at the Hyperspace animation either in Black Talon, or HM The Foundry.

But I'm gonna give 301.42 a try.

Edit: Still crash with 301.42 (on HM The Foundry. I did not try the Black Talon)

Petnil
12.09.2012 , 11:07 AM | #35
Spamming space works for me. The problem is if your in a group and the whole group doesn´t spacebar you will still see the jump to lightspeed and will dc.

MagicTastic
12.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #36
So you have to minimize for 30 seconds, just for it not to crash?

Oh my days that is annoying, especially annoying for people in your group too.
Haven't tried it yet, hoping it works.

spiralthe
12.09.2012 , 03:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysith View Post
Thanks.

I currently use 310.70 with Ambiant Collision OFF but SWTOR crashes at the Hyperspace animation either in Black Talon, or HM The Foundry.

But I'm gonna give 301.42 a try.

Edit: Still crash with 301.42 (on HM The Foundry. I did not try the Black Talon)
306.97 doesn't crash for me since i turned ambient collusion.

Elysith
12.10.2012 , 03:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by spiralthe View Post
306.97 doesn't crash for me since i turned ambient collusion.
I was using this driver version before and it crashes -since update 1.5- too at the Hyperspace at BT or HM The Foundry. (all with Ambiant Occlusion always turned off).
I turned off Ambiant Occlusion before because SWTOR would randomly crash mostly while switching instance/phase like when entering a flashpoint.

kitno
12.10.2012 , 01:39 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
Spamming space works for me. The problem is if your in a group and the whole group doesn´t spacebar you will still see the jump to lightspeed and will dc.
I'd love to know how you can spam the spacebar and click through the next 3 or 4 dialog choices before the animation begins, without crashing on Esseles. Because once the hyperspace animation starts you will crash, no matter what you do. It can't be displayed on screen, or the error has already happened.

P.S. - I run solo, I never group.

Eyesmindassassin
12.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #40
Having this same issue with a new computer with freshly installed drivers of course. NVIDIA 670, i7 3.4 ghz overclocked to 4.5 with Corsair water cooling and 750 watt PSU, 16 GB RAM, z77 Mobo, dual SSD Drives for raiding, 3TB HDD, etc. Everything else runs great on this game at max settings with everything turned on on my 23 inch monitor.