Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DharmaPolice's Avatar


DharmaPolice
12.08.2012 , 05:00 AM | #281
OK, after enduring several weeks of crashing my problem has eventually been "solved" (sort of) by buying a new PC (and therefore upgrading to Windows 64 bit).

Unsurprisingly, the crashing has stopped. The memory leak is still there but when the main process grows to over 1.7GB the game continues to play. It's likely (since the memory use continues upwards) that the game would still crash at some point but my game sessions are rarely longer than 6 hours so it should be fine.

Bioware : At this point its reasonable to assume you don't have the ability to fix the underlying problem. As such, I'd strongly recommend that you consider changing the "Minimum Specs" quoted on your website to mention that 32 bit Windows machines will experience a very far from optimal playing experience.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

Rexvan's Avatar


Rexvan
12.08.2012 , 08:37 AM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by DharmaPolice View Post
OK, after enduring several weeks of crashing my problem has eventually been "solved" (sort of) by buying a new PC (and therefore upgrading to Windows 64 bit).

Unsurprisingly, the crashing has stopped. The memory leak is still there but when the main process grows to over 1.7GB the game continues to play. It's likely (since the memory use continues upwards) that the game would still crash at some point but my game sessions are rarely longer than 6 hours so it should be fine.

Bioware : At this point its reasonable to assume you don't have the ability to fix the underlying problem. As such, I'd strongly recommend that you consider changing the "Minimum Specs" quoted on your website to mention that 32 bit Windows machines will experience a very far from optimal playing experience.
Just because you fixed yours doesnt mean theres not a problem i have 64 bit and the game hangs and crashes and as i said earlyer my machine is fine not one of my other games Ie guildwars diablo 3 excetra crash or hang. they need to fix this

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
12.08.2012 , 10:06 AM | #283
I use a 64 bit Win 8 and have been experiencing a lot of crashes since 1.5 hit. It seems to only occur in HM FPs though. BT, Foundry, and Lost Island. I've tried repairing, I've tried reinstalling drivers, Ive updated everything. Nothing is fixing it. Please bioware fix this crap already it's quite frustrating that I have to put up with all these performance issues with your game. I feel like I'm still beta testing this thing for you and I've about had it. Fix your game!

asharahmad's Avatar


asharahmad
12.08.2012 , 11:12 AM | #284
i never had any crashing problem up until about 30mins ago. played the game this morning and it was working fine, launched it about 30minutes ago login and everything works fine game starts but then crashes before the character selection screen tried repairing the launcher and repairing the game itself but no fix..drivers are upto date

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
12.08.2012 , 11:57 AM | #285
1. Red Eclipse
2. Masterelam
3. Consistent, unable to complete [Group 2] Flashpoint - The Esseles.
4. Crash triggers when you get to the "Return to Officer Haken on the bridge" part of the flashpoint, and start a conversation.
5.
Spoiler

6.
Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop / client stops running (no windows errors)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Morgalica's Avatar


Morgalica
12.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #286
Do something bioware seriously or refund me all the cash I've dumped into the game since 1.4 that's 60$ total for the game cards i bought.

And no I don't mean by giving me cartel coins or some other half baked idea.

1.6 is due to hit Tuesday, so when will we see a fix OR you just outright saying that you have NO clue as to how to fix this?
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
12.08.2012 , 06:31 PM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
1. Red Eclipse
2. Masterelam
3. Consistent, unable to complete [Group 2] Flashpoint - The Esseles.
4. Crash triggers when you get to the "Return to Officer Haken on the bridge" part of the flashpoint, and start a conversation.
5.
Spoiler

6.
Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop / client stops running (no windows errors)
Spoiler

Spoiler
Your game is crashing on the microsoft visual studio file, go here and re-install them hopefully this will help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

Close any programs you have running in the background in case one is conflicting
eg would be skype, xfire, mumble etc

Torvik's Avatar


Torvik
12.08.2012 , 07:25 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
Do something bioware seriously or refund me all the cash I've dumped into the game since 1.4 that's 60$ total for the game cards i bought.

And no I don't mean by giving me cartel coins or some other half baked idea.
Would be a nice gesture, but I doubt they are that nice

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
12.09.2012 , 01:17 AM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Your game is crashing on the microsoft visual studio file, go here and re-install them hopefully this will help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

Close any programs you have running in the background in case one is conflicting
eg would be skype, xfire, mumble etc
Nope. No luck with that.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
12.09.2012 , 03:31 AM | #290
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Nope. No luck with that.
Try updating your sound drivers they are a few years old if your board manufacturer doesnt have them use the link below.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false