Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any good PvP CM/Assault hybrid specs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Any good PvP CM/Assault hybrid specs?

Gyronamics
12.08.2012 , 05:55 AM | #11
Looks iffy.

Boosting an attack you can't use much, dropping all secondary ammo recovery skills and losing damage boosters for virtually everything as assault.

Trevalion
12.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #12
So the hybrid that I posted actually does pretty well. The burst damage DOES all come from FA + HiB procs, but with FA boosted in damage it still hits like a truck. As a hybrid, your always sacrificing something in order to gain somewhere else. This hybrid build does sacrifice much of the Assault tree to get up to the damage boost on FA.

In using it, I can say that my personal experience is pretty rewarding. I have the mobility of assault, I still dot people up with hammershot (and slow them occasionally!). FA is off cooldown often enough that I rarely have to cast charged bolts. FA hits like a truck (Im in mostly BiS war hero) often times ticking for over 3k to final damage numbers up past 6k followed on by HiB.

I have to admit though, that the burst of this hybrid is not super high, but it does put out great pressure damage. The DoTs combined with FA +HiB will lock a healer down pretty fast. I rarely run out of ammo in this spec, and I have a good time with it.

That being said, I play it for fun. I am recommending it because it's entertaining to try out different specs, not because it's OP or makes playing a mando in PvP any easier. Take it for what it is.

Gyronamics
12.10.2012 , 02:38 PM | #13
Well I've tried it myself now and I rather liked the damage it can do if everything is available.

You lose out damage on a lot of things for a lot of damage on one thing.

I shall try it out in EC NiM Kephess where I'm likely to be the guy duelling the warriors.

*Don't like it for sustained fire.

Aaoogaa
12.12.2012 , 11:54 PM | #14
It doesn't really qualify as a hybrid spec..it is an alternative dps spec. Hybrid would be dps/healing combo.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.