Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Advanced gear mission pre existing 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Advanced gear mission pre existing 50

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
12.08.2012 , 02:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
Oh my goodness, free epics that are mailed to you?

I used to joke about it a lot in WoW, in hot arguments against casual players who don't want to put in the work to get the epics that they want. That if they want difficulty to be dumbed down to their level, might as well have Blizzard mail them the epics.

I can't believe SW:TOR is the one closest to making that happen.
I don't know how epic they really are if you think about the level 50 content.... but yea, it is your basic Tionese set. Good enough to get you started on hard modes and... Ops.

Calarand's Avatar


Calarand
12.08.2012 , 02:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
So you're saying that all level 50s can pick up the mission?
Yes, all you have to do is be lvl 50.

BounceDK's Avatar


BounceDK
12.11.2012 , 05:39 PM | #13
Got my full set today. No point in doing missions anymore when you get a full set of purple for absolutely no effort, and its even better than the stuff I had on while leveling up. A part of me thinks its awesome and a part of me thinks they just ruined the whole pleasure of missioning; To get better gear.

I guess all there is to do now is do flashpoints because why should I even bother finishing missions when my gear is already better than anything they'll give me?

Listerman's Avatar


Listerman
12.11.2012 , 05:45 PM | #14
I thought it was funny but I'm not gonna snub a free 99 commendations.
I look like my ship droid in full Tionese though...
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Listerman's Avatar


Listerman
12.11.2012 , 05:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BounceDK View Post
Got my full set today. No point in doing missions anymore when you get a full set of purple for absolutely no effort, and its even better than the stuff I had on while leveling up. A part of me thinks its awesome and a part of me thinks they just ruined the whole pleasure of missioning; To get better gear.

I guess all there is to do now is do flashpoints because why should I even bother finishing missions when my gear is already better than anything they'll give me?
Story completeness is my excuse. I prefer to ignore the carrot, if you catch my meaning.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

jediluck's Avatar


jediluck
12.11.2012 , 05:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BounceDK View Post
Got my full set today. No point in doing missions anymore when you get a full set of purple for absolutely no effort, and its even better than the stuff I had on while leveling up. A part of me thinks its awesome and a part of me thinks they just ruined the whole pleasure of missioning; To get better gear.

I guess all there is to do now is do flashpoints because why should I even bother finishing missions when my gear is already better than anything they'll give me?
It doesn't really ruin the point of it since Tionese is now there to be as a starter block for new 50's and for gearing companion's. I got the mail and I have full black hole/campaign gear so I used it to get some more gear for my companions that I haven't already got columi+ in. And either way, you still have Columi+ to work on. And that is what you will mainly get from HM FP's/SM EV/KP (in terms of unassembled stuff). Tionese is there to help you get started on doing hard mode flashpoints and starting Operations. That's my take on it anyway.

BounceDK's Avatar


BounceDK
12.11.2012 , 05:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
I am now very close to 50. If I reach level 50 before patch 1.6 happens, will I get the gear mission?
I have not gotten anything on my other 50 so I presume that's a no.

Medeyah's Avatar


Medeyah
12.11.2012 , 06:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BounceDK View Post
I have not gotten anything on my other 50 so I presume that's a no.
Try the daily mission box at your fleet. You get the items even if you where 50 before the patch

BounceDK's Avatar


BounceDK
12.11.2012 , 06:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Medeyah View Post
Try the daily mission box at your fleet. You get the items even if you where 50 before the patch
Ah you're right, I expected it to arrive by mail.