Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can women have more then one choice with OGR please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Can women have more then one choice with OGR please?

MoobooMagoo
12.08.2012 , 12:33 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ziphii View Post
Am I the only one who finds romancing companions kind of creepy? I mean, in the case of vette, she starts as a slave. The power differential is just too weird in that case. And even for the rest...

I mean, they are AI... they aren't real people. I dunno. Not judging others if you enjoy the rp of it, but I am just completely turned off by this whole idea, for my characters.
I don't know about other people, but when I play a game I like to imagine a personality for my character and decide how a person with that personality would react to different situations, including romantic ones.

I guess that is role playing in a way. It is similar to how I get into character when performing in a play, albeit to a lesser extent.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

TrumpetNut
12.08.2012 , 12:35 AM | #32
I say all comps should be romanceable...Thats it. Gives you options. Not feeling like you like vette but are stuck w Jaesa (lol lame anology)

Belacose
12.08.2012 , 12:39 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ziphii View Post
Am I the only one who finds romancing companions kind of creepy?
Nope. I'm right there with you.

I don't romance cartoons. I just kill them whenever given the chance. Doesn't matter if I'm playing on the republic side or Imperial. Darkside all the way. Kill Kill Kill.

ConradLionhart
12.08.2012 , 12:49 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Belacose View Post
Nope. I'm right there with you.

I don't romance cartoons. I just kill them whenever given the chance. Doesn't matter if I'm playing on the republic side or Imperial. Darkside all the way. Kill Kill Kill.
*backs away slowly*
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

bahdasz
12.08.2012 , 12:57 AM | #35
This is a very important and socially relevant thread.

Nothing_Shines
12.08.2012 , 01:14 AM | #36
So far, the only romances that have actually interested me were Doc for my female Sentinel, Vette for my male Juggernaut, Risha for my male Gunslinger and Elara for my male Commando.

My female Operative really wanted to be corrupted by Kaliyo.
My female Sorcerer really wanted to corrupt Ashara.
My female Bounty Hunter wanted either Gault or HK-51.

Haven't gotten very far companion-wise with my female Shadow, so no opinion there.

SO, 50/50 romance approval so far. Not too bad, but SGR would really help. Or add some new companions. Come to think of it, Thana Vesh would have been perfect for my female Bounty Hunter, they hated each other so much it just had to turn into lust. When I first encountered her, I was sure she would be my next companion, but was sorely disappointed to discover she was just a random NPC everyone encountered...so I killed her.

(Straight guy, by the way. I romance how my characters would in RPGs, cause I'm invested in them...and I have an imagination.)
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy || Chiss Merc-55 | Chiss Sent-55 | Hum Com-55 | Sith Jugg-55 | Cyb Op-55 | Ratt Sorc-55 | Chiss GS-55 | Hum Shad-55 | Twil Mara-47 | Red Zab Guard-33 | Twil PT-30 | Ratt Snipe-27 I Hum Scoun-23 | Miri Van-21 | Cyb Sin-21 | Ratt Scoun-20 | Sith Sage-19 | Cath Jugg-16 | Cath Agent-13 | Sith Sent-13 | Mira Merc-11

Jandi
12.08.2012 , 01:30 AM | #37
I think the romance stuff with companions are funny and a nice addition, just like such things work in a book or a movie.

HOWEVER. To get upset about them to the point where you're on the forums, demanding more of them and arguing with others about the validity of your obsession is just crazy. You're a crazy person. If you have a kid and still have time to argue here with other people about this, I sincerely feel sorry for your kid, truly.

I hope you take a step back and consider what you're doing, and, more importantly, why. I don't say this to troll or to insult anyone but I just find it... tragic.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Norke
12.08.2012 , 01:32 AM | #38
I think they need more romance options across the board. I have only played SW and now almost SI to completion and what I can say from just that is male SI romance option sucks. How am I supposed to be the most bad butt Sith in the galaxy and get Ashara to like me? I'm not Superman, and I'm not gonna' kiss up to a Jedi who won't turn to the dark side.

I think it all came down to a matter of budget, but in a perfect world, every character companion should have been romance able.
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!

DarthRamette
12.08.2012 , 02:12 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I think the romance stuff with companions are funny and a nice addition, just like such things work in a book or a movie.

HOWEVER. To get upset about them to the point where you're on the forums, demanding more of them and arguing with others about the validity of your obsession is just crazy. You're a crazy person. If you have a kid and still have time to argue here with other people about this, I sincerely feel sorry for your kid, truly.

I hope you take a step back and consider what you're doing, and, more importantly, why. I don't say this to troll or to insult anyone but I just find it... tragic.
So after my kid is in bed, I can't come on here and discuss things I would like to see? Wow here I thought I could do that. I am arguing with anyone, other then the rude person who thinks I am not a real woman or have a kid. I would like more romances but it isn't a necessity, just something I would like. I guess I should talk about hood toggles or chat bubbles or pvp which I don't do. My child is sound asleep in bed, my husband is watching TV and I am bored and thought I would bring this up. Sorry if you don't like it but I can bring stuff up I would like to see in future content. If that bugs you, oh well. I can be both a mom and a TOR player oddly enough.

Sotof
12.08.2012 , 06:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
That just shows how bad the romance in this game is, when an average fleeting one with Jaxo is considered the 'best'.
It's not. It quite certainly is Elara's.
My name is not Bob.