Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Viian
10.20.2012 , 11:21 PM | #191
IMO these are 100% totally worthless in their current iteration, a complete waste of the dev time put into these. They need to be adaptive, and have slots. otherwise they are more hassle than they are worth.

Swanea
10.20.2012 , 11:41 PM | #192
Great, awesome idea.

Just implemented in such a terrible, unrewarding way for the effort needed.
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

LordArtemis
10.21.2012 , 01:35 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.
Ah. Had the item in my inventory for quite a while now, wondering what to do with it. Now I know. Thanks.

Suzina
10.21.2012 , 01:59 AM | #194
I finally destroyed my inheritance kits. Their value is very very low. Even if you have an alt of the exact same level as the level 14 weapon, it's not that good. It isn't worth the trip to dromund kaas in my opinion. Inheritance kits are just confusing junk loot you can't sell to vendor.
Member of Bane Fleet

AshlaBoga
10.21.2012 , 02:08 AM | #195
If you tend to solo class content and are underleveled (i.e Balmorra at level 13) then they are quite useful. The legacy kits ironically are more useful for powerleveling (which would lead you to not need them after a while) than for most playstyles.

Still, custom legacy gear is sweet - fresh 50s in full campaign is fun.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Tyger
12.08.2012 , 01:43 AM | #196
IMO the current design for the Inheritance kits are a waste of time. They should either scale as you level since they do claim to be "a piece of powerful Inheritance equiptment" or atleast let us exchange them for the orange legacy gear.

As far as scaling, it doesn't need to scale as high as purple gear, but atleast as high as blue gear for the current level, otherwise it really makes no sense to keep going back to the capital city everytime you get a piece.

Like some poeple have mentioned, its a waste of bank slot currently, but I am keeping them in hopes that you change it to scale with my alts.

TheShootist
12.08.2012 , 10:59 AM | #197
I have a bank tab full of inheritance and birthright kits, once I create a new toon, they get sent over and used, after leveling past the gear, they become vendor trash. So much for a useless legacy item, at the least the "kits" shouldn't be bound til opened.......

Jumajin
12.08.2012 , 11:04 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I finally destroyed my inheritance kits. Their value is very very low. Even if you have an alt of the exact same level as the level 14 weapon, it's not that good. It isn't worth the trip to dromund kaas in my opinion. Inheritance kits are just confusing junk loot you can't sell to vendor.
Pretty much, that quote.

Not only are they utterly useless even compared to drops from questing in the game, but . . . hey . . . finally got my first level 50. Started some dailies, looked at the items you can get for the commendations . . . stopped doing dailies the same day. That's another waste of time for what you can spend the commendations on. I can even find better item mods in the GTN.

TheShootist
12.08.2012 , 11:09 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumajin View Post
Pretty much, that quote.

Not only are they utterly useless even compared to drops from questing in the game, but . . . hey . . . finally got my first level 50. Started some dailies, looked at the items you can get for the commendations . . . stopped doing dailies the same day. That's another waste of time for what you can spend the commendations on. I can even find better item mods in the GTN.
One of the best end game relics are purchased from daily coms, not to mention crafting schematics.........oh and the weekly Black Hole coms you can aquire.

samwellab
01.25.2013 , 01:23 PM | #200
I just have one question for the person/s, that implemented these items ...

What in the name of are you there god, it's me margret, were you thinking?