Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social Behaviour

Nydus
12.06.2012 , 03:38 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Heh, do I assume correctly that you would never help me then?

(but I know what you mean - I've seen a few barely disguised racist names now and I wouldn't help those people either)
If I was on Korriban for some obscure reason and you were in the general chat with the name "Totaltrash" asking for help, I would help you depending on what you wanted help with. If you wanted to know how to turn off the headgear slot I'd help you. If you wanted me to help you with a heroic mission I probably wouldn't unless you were super polite .

In other words, I'd help if asked but I'd judge you .

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Caspian_Rho
12.06.2012 , 03:53 PM | #32
The TOR community has been a cesspit since day 1, rubbish community, worst of any MMO I've played in 15 years. Actually since F2P I've felt a growing sense of community, and I'm not the first to say so. When I say growing, there was a slight blip on the heart monitor.
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

TheBBP
12.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
If I was on Korriban for some obscure reason and you were in the general chat with the name "Totaltrash" asking for help, I would help you depending on what you wanted help with. If you wanted to know how to turn off the headgear slot I'd help you. If you wanted me to help you with a heroic mission I probably wouldn't unless you were super polite .

In other words, I'd help if asked but I'd judge you .

- Arcada
I am guilty of this as well. Especially being on an RP server. I understand that not everyone RPs on an RP, but folks who cannot at least respect the process won't get much help from me. IMHO, to go into an RP server and name yourself "awsumSABERguy" shows a direct lack of respect for the community.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Old Republic
Darth Krelan - Imperial Loyalist
Ebon Hawk

Nydus
12.07.2012 , 08:30 AM | #34
[QUOTE=TheBBP;5534175IMHO, to go into an RP server and name yourself "awsumSABERguy" shows a direct lack of respect for the community.[/QUOTE]

+1.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

GalacticKegger
12.07.2012 , 09:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
The TOR community has been a cesspit since day 1, rubbish community, worst of any MMO I've played in 15 years. Actually since F2P I've felt a growing sense of community, and I'm not the first to say so. When I say growing, there was a slight blip on the heart monitor.
Assuming you actually play the game = inaccurate and uncalledfor. I'm in 2 guilds (one each side) with some really great people. I meet the occasional schmuck in GF groups, but it's like that in any MMO. By and large TOR's player base is pretty damn cool, and that goes for many of the new F2P players who are melding into the community as you pointed out.

About the only ***holes I've encountered are a handful in genchat or these forums, and they can be dealt with using common sense - or the ignore and report functions if they are buried too deep in their own narcissism. But a cesspit? Most of "those" types have either been banned or moved on to foster cesspools in other forums. Few of them ever showed up in-game. I too have a history with MMOs (since UO for me) and have been here since closed beta. Thus I have nfi what you are talking about.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

uniz
12.07.2012 , 10:48 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
rift could make a run at them for the worse. but to be honest both games got a lot better after three months or so. after the six month subs ran out the forums for both cleaned up a lot too. this game isn't as bad though as it didn't copy all of wows mechanics that rift did and also has no dps meters.

for the most part every game will have issues today and we can all blame blizzard for them.

Caspian_Rho
12.08.2012 , 09:26 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Assuming you actually play the game = inaccurate and uncalledfor. I'm in 2 guilds (one each side) with some really great people. I meet the occasional schmuck in GF groups, but it's like that in any MMO. By and large TOR's player base is pretty damn cool, and that goes for many of the new F2P players who are melding into the community as you pointed out.

About the only ***holes I've encountered are a handful in genchat or these forums, and they can be dealt with using common sense - or the ignore and report functions if they are buried too deep in their own narcissism. But a cesspit? Most of "those" types have either been banned or moved on to foster cesspools in other forums. Few of them ever showed up in-game. I too have a history with MMOs (since UO for me) and have been here since closed beta. Thus I have nfi what you are talking about.
It's pretty bad, generally speaking. It's terrible and has drove alot of people away from the game... and that's based on friends of friends, threads here and others around the webs. General chat up until F2P was as I described, a 'cesspit'. People and guilds like yourselves get lost in the quagmire.

Just because you blind yourself to it, doesn't make it disappear or go away. But there is hope, the community seems a bit better from F2P. From my perspective I believe the subs solidify as a core in a proposed rejection of freebies thus creating a core hence better community (applied only to POT5). Speculation on my part, based on nothing but education in the right areas.... you can tell your friends you read that on the internet
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

NVZIM
12.08.2012 , 03:59 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
Rudeness and anti-social behaviour has always been in the game. Albiet more so since the launch of f2p, I simply chalked it up to more a** holes having access to the game. Yesterday I was playing the Imp side a low level and everybody I grouped with did not talk even when spoken to, just dropped for no apparent reason (sometimes right in the middle of a fight), or would not stay with the group (just running off). It was very annoying so I feel yur pain.
a**hole is a very subjective term. Everyone has their own definition. I personally wouldn't call someone who was silent an a**hole, because that's not a behavior that annoys me. However, there are some things that do annoy me such as defending a ninja looter and criticizing the one who complains about it. People asking you personal questions and then avoiding you, if you're too private, like it has anything to do with SWTOR.

funkhouse
12.10.2012 , 03:03 AM | #39
FYI the crap that goes on in general chat goes on in guild chat to among guildlies.
Same crap that goes on in most general chat on any format of the internet. You're just going to need to learn how to not payattention to chat when you're not using it. Or just turn it off. Chat is peoples way of not taking themselves seriously. Sure alot of it can get vulgar but its up to you to choose to read it or ignore it.

ortophonic
12.10.2012 , 09:43 AM | #40
I haven't ran into anything I would consider rude behavior, usual stuff I've seen on WoW.