Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Revanchis
12.06.2012 , 10:39 AM | #3751
Aw man, it looks like I missed the party. I spent so much time catching up on the threads I didn't get time to post.

EDIT: Looks like this thread got trimmed as well.

Lent_San
12.06.2012 , 11:41 AM | #3752
I just received an answer to my ticket that I opened three days ago, requesting info on implementation of SGRs. The answer I got is in german, but I'll try to translate to the best of my abilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for your request for more information regarding SGR implementation.

We are still very much engaged implementing extensive (sic!) SGR content into Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As Daniel Erickson said during the guild summit, our writers are already working on content for SGR, yet at this point we can't give you any definitive info on when they will be implemented. We would still like to let you know that this content will be implemented with a future update together with story content.

If you would like to engage in more discussion on this topic, you may join this thread in our forums [... he refers me to this thread here...]

Thanks for your interest in Bioware and this game, we appreciate all our fans and are proud to have such a tolerant and diverse community.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
*name of customer service rep*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts? I know it's not much, but so much better than nothing. And by referring to this thread here, it kind of gives me confidence that they do read here and know what we're up to, even if they're not posting much.

And the fact that it took them three days to answer my ticket makes me hopeful the CS rep didn't just copy and paste some old info but really researched for his answer and (hopefully) made sure the info he gave was correct.

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 11:53 AM | #3753
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post

As Daniel Erickson said during the guild summit, our writers are already working on content for SGR, yet at this point we can't give you any definitive info on when they will be implemented. We would still like to let you know that this content will be implemented with a future update together with story content.

Thanks for your interest in Bioware and this game, we appreciate all our fans and are proud to have such a tolerant and diverse community.

Regards,
What I'm getting from this is that what was said about SGRs during the Guild Summit is one of the things that is still true. I also like the "If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again." I know we won't get our questions answered, but I think we should make use of that invitation.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Lent_San
12.06.2012 , 11:57 AM | #3754
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
What I'm getting from this is that what was said about SGRs during the Guild Summit is one of the things that is still true.
I certainly have the same impression.

Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
I also like the "If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again." I know we won't get our questions answered, but I think we should make use of that invitation.
!

JCisneros
12.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3755
I just received an answer to my ticket that I opened three days ago, requesting info on implementation of SGRs. The answer I got is in german, but I'll try to translate to the best of my abilities.

Thank you very much for your request for more information regarding SGR implementation.

We are still very much engaged implementing extensive (sic!) SGR content into Star Wars: The Old Republic.

If you would like to engage in more discussion on this topic, you may join this thread in our forums [... he refers me to this thread here...]

Regards,

Thoughts? I know it's not much, but so much better than nothing. And by referring to this thread here, it kind of gives me confidence that they do read here and know what we're up to, even if they're not posting much.

And the fact that it took them three days to answer my ticket makes me hopeful the CS rep didn't just copy and paste some old info but really researched for his answer and (hopefully) made sure the info he gave was correct.
While this statement is a good sign, it does not suffice a dev actually making an official statement on the public record, preferably HallHood or other senior developer. The cat is very much out of the bag now. Keep the pressure up.

~JC

tolaf
12.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3756

Regards,

Seems like a definate yes to me, so we got an answer, the question now is whether or not to keep the pressure on BioWare.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Slaign
12.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #3757
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Edit: @Slaign, if you don't appreciate the trivialisation of your concerns and the discrimination pitted against you and others like you in everyday life, you need to grow a thicker skin! People with privilege can do whatever the damn well please, they have privilege.
I do appreciate it.

Like I said, it would be hilarious. It might suck on a personal level, but I'd have to respect the comedy, and frankly, I'd have to respect the balls.

Offensive is offensive, but funny is funny, and they tend to go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Lent_San
12.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #3758
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaf View Post
Seems like a definate yes to me, so we got an answer, the question now is whether or not to keep the pressure on BioWare.
IMO soft pressure can never be harmful.

We just need to make sure we're not drifting off into a hateful, deterrent corner, but that's just my personal opinion.

DarthArturus
12.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #3759
Quote: Originally Posted by JCisneros View Post
While this statement is a good sign, it does not suffice a dev actually making an official statement on the public record, preferably HallHood or other senior developer. The cat is very much out of the bag now. Keep the pressure up.

~JC
Yes, I agree. This is, of course, the best and only news concerning the subject we have heard for months; perhaps there is a light at the end of tunnel after all. While I am not a member of the LGBT community, I strongly support them concerning this issue.

I have several toons just waiting for the implementation of SGR. I am greatly looking forward to 'extensive SGR content'. I resubbed to collect on the cartel coins and plan to go FTP soon, but the implementation of SGR content will definitely sway me to re-subscribe.

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #3760
Made a thread in the Suggestion Box, using the invitation given when the "ETA on SGRAs?" thread was closed. Come and join me?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567578
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"