Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Girlfriend Friendly" classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Girlfriend Friendly" classes?

Atramar
12.06.2012 , 05:11 AM | #41
installed swtor to my gf... she's making a jugg. male , uber ugly... she said
'it's to match all those girl chars you made'
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Lorica
12.06.2012 , 07:57 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa-Punter View Post
Chicks like healers usually. At least from my experience that's what they seem to play most.

I've known almost a dozen female MMO players. Over half were healers. None were tanks. They don't seem to like tanking.

Edit: I take that back. I knew one with a tank alt in Lineage 2, but my point stands. Tanks are not a popular class for female gamers.
It is true, most gamer girls I have gamed with do indeed like being healers and they like playing range dps. They also like being tanks as long as they are not really tanking. In other words, they play tanks to help with any fighting impairness they may have whether fighting is not their thing or they want to take a few extra hits. Some may find Commando and Mercenaries (hyrbrid) cool too in which they can do both like a LOTRO Captain.

Commander_Hawke
12.06.2012 , 09:42 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
women don't like play tank to PROTECT her BF,
they like play healers in my country,
i suggest OP to play over-geared and over-leveled hybrid tank dps to play with his GF.
I think Gina Carano would beat you senseless with that statment :P

iaie
12.07.2012 , 08:52 AM | #44
I've bought a sub for my gf and let her start play and choose her own class indipendently from our class combination, she chosen sith inquisitor assassin
NwŻl tash.Dzwol sh‚sotkun.Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.

Rhinzual
12.08.2012 , 04:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Commander_Hawke View Post
I think Gina Carano would beat you senseless with that statment :P
Yeah, that statement is very sexist. I've talked to women in the past who, in DnD games, will play a cleric. Tabletop and NWN1 clerics, not the DDO clerics.

Stenrik
12.08.2012 , 08:59 PM | #46
(OK, as a female player who plays all the combat roles, I gotta jump into this one.)

I ask you to let her try some options for herself! Make your first low-level character with her (say, until you guys get your ships) so she gets used to the UI and general combat mechanics, and then let her make a few of her own. (You can always play your existing characters while she does this.)

The choice for a main should be up to HER. Being "attached" to one's character is a big component of games like this, and from my experience, females are more likely to identify with/feel attached to theirs and use it as a motivation to keep playing. If she sees her class and faction as her own decision, it will greatly help the attachment process, and mean she would be more likely to stick with this long term.

Also, not to be blunt, but unless she's mentally challenged, she should be able to handle ANY class and spec just fine! The leveling process allows PLENTY of time for this. It's easy enough to get by, and maximizing more complicated classes is only really relevant in endgame, anyway. She's got you to give her tips, after all. And getting her up to speed would be even easier if you guys play in the same room.

The only time someone of average intelligence shouldn't roll a more complicated class, is if they don't have anyone like guildmates or real life friends/relatives to give them advice, and are unaware of the resources on the web.

I also second the advice to suggest a tanking or dps class first, as it will make healing easier if she decides to go that route.

Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
installed swtor to my gf... she's making a jugg. male , uber ugly... she said
'it's to match all those girl chars you made'
Awesome, lol