Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Girlfriend Friendly" classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Girlfriend Friendly" classes?

Lorica
11.30.2012 , 01:24 PM | #31
I agree, tank is the most girlfriend friendly class if she is new to MMOs...

SWTOR Tank classes -

Republic

1. Trooper - Vanguard.
2. Jedi Knight - Guardian
3. Jedi Consular Shadow * (except "maybe" balanced)

Empire

1. Bounty Hunter - Powertech
2. Sith Warrior - Juggernaut
3. Sith Inquisitor Assassin * (except "maybe" madness)

* Although, maybe still too squishy for some at lower levels.

oakamp
12.05.2012 , 03:28 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
For easiness:
PT and get her to start as tank. New player to mmo learn pve mechanics better as tank. She can always switch later to dps if she doesn't like tank. Needless to say PT is pvp-friendly.

For fun:
Stealthy class. She assassin, you operative. That combo can clear all H4 and FP without waiting for 4 people group, and is super fun for pvp.

And tell her dark side has all the cool looking gears
women don't like play tank to PROTECT her BF,
they like play healers in my country,
i suggest OP to play over-geared and over-leveled hybrid tank dps to play with his GF.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

relilimex
12.05.2012 , 06:17 AM | #33
i think hunter is good for her. oh wait this is not WoW. never mind -.- how can people have such luck with girls? i just want a gamer girl. damn i hate sweden.

Commander_Hawke
12.05.2012 , 08:00 AM | #34
My wife does not play MMOs. She had to play WoW for college credit while attending George Washington Unviserity, so I had to teach her how to play MMOs. I stopped playing WoW after the first 4 months. I just could not get into it. But for her, I bit the bullet.

Anyways, we talked and she has agreed to come to SWTOR to play. Of course, that means teaching her how to play. She is intelligent, but has trouble with her brain telling her body to stuff, so there is a delay in her actions and her motor skills suffer, to top it off, she has no patience and gets frustraited rather quickly. This is why I doubt she will play more than 10 hours.

That being said, she did tell me she wanted to play a jedi. "Not one of the bad guys that you like to play"... She was referring to me being imperial and a bounty hunter in SWG killing rebels and jedi. So I agreed, and I will just make the choice of class for her and choose Jedi Knight. it is not too hard, complicated and is beefy when tank spec.

I think she might like the Shadow, but they are mid range bloomers with PvE.

Ideally I would want her to play Powertech, because Mako makes everything easier.

_Darkstar
12.05.2012 , 11:59 AM | #35
For easiness:
PT and get her to start as tank. New player to mmo learn pve mechanics better as tank. She can always switch later to dps if she doesn't like tank. Needless to say PT is pvp-friendly.
OMG no, tanks in groups get a massive beating if they make a mistake, so do healers. Never let a new person be either.

Girls don't tend to like guns, so trooper, smuggler, operative and bounty hunter is out.

Girls tend to like bad guys, so some kind of sith.

Girls tend not to like melee, so Sorcerer

Make the sorc a girl, get her a nice robe (Play dress up), and job done. The bonus is that they are easy to play as well.

Worked for me Though then I started to dislike the game and quit but she dragged me back!
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Chaqen
12.05.2012 , 03:58 PM | #36
My GF has been playing since the release of the game (1st timer to an MMO), and she has stuck with a arsenal merc, but has 50 madness sorc, and soon to be 50 operative healer.

I feel that the merc rotation and energy management was just perfect for her to master rather easily, and was whimsical enough to keep her entertained. She started her Sorc, just because she liked the look, and the Operative for a challenge of something new, as well as to mimic my main.

Best advice i can give you is to make your toon the same race as hers and not to ugly. As well as be patient with her and slow down more or less; biggest issue my GF has with me is that i turn and move to quickly (she uses her mouse to turn, but still looses sight of me).
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Rhinzual
12.05.2012 , 05:17 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
OMG no, tanks in groups get a massive beating if they make a mistake, so do healers. Never let a new person be either.

Girls don't tend to like guns, so trooper, smuggler, operative and bounty hunter is out.

Girls tend to like bad guys, so some kind of sith.

Girls tend not to like melee, so Sorcerer

Make the sorc a girl, get her a nice robe (Play dress up), and job done. The bonus is that they are easy to play as well.

Worked for me Though then I started to dislike the game and quit but she dragged me back!
That is so full of stereotypes I don't even know where to begin.

Jawa-Punter
12.05.2012 , 08:08 PM | #38
Chicks like healers usually. At least from my experience that's what they seem to play most.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
I agree, tank is the most girlfriend friendly class if she is new to MMOs...
I've known almost a dozen female MMO players. Over half were healers. None were tanks. They don't seem to like tanking.

Edit: I take that back. I knew one with a tank alt in Lineage 2, but my point stands. Tanks are not a popular class for female gamers.

_Darkstar
12.06.2012 , 04:54 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinzual View Post
That is so full of stereotypes I don't even know where to begin.
Asking for generic girl help gets generic girl answers.

Also stereotypes exist for a reason, it is a laymans form of psychological profiling and quite accurate on a lot of people.

Edit: If you want a more specific answer try this: Take things that they do enjoy outside of the game, from other games and tv etc and find the parts of the game that match up as best you can. My girlfriend plays sims a lot, so character creation, levelling up and companions helped a lot. Maybe saying playing dress up over simplified what I was talking about, but coming from sims then seeing all the gear you can wear was something she enjoyed, and sims is about the most popular game with female gamers ever.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Goretzu
12.06.2012 , 05:07 AM | #40
For easiness:

For fun:
Stealthy class. She assassin, you operative. That combo can clear all H4 and FP without waiting for 4 people group, and is super fun for pvp.

And tell her dark side has all the cool looking gears

PT is basically a tank and massive DPS for the first 20 or so levels if geared reasonable well.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1