Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedy Gurdian Advices.

yaworr
12.05.2012 , 02:38 AM | #11
i am leveling my guardian tank now and i have a question
how much def chance/shield chance/absorb rating is reasonable for guardian tank?
i have searched for this info for some time but none of the guides really says it clear enough
i have lev50 vanguard and she is basically shielding type of tank (12%/53%/75% - def/shield/absorb respectively, with buffs). to what level should i stack defense and other stats on my guardian? can i completely ignore shield and go for defense only?

Helig
12.05.2012 , 02:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowWolf_Kell View Post
If you've played a protection based warrior in games like EQ, WoW, or LoTRO, you'll feel right at home with a Guardian and easily be able to transition into the class.

I find my Guardian far more versatile than my Vanguard and Powertech for PvE, and the latter for PvP.
Disagree. Guardian resource management is trickier. It has a higher threshold of effective play than most other ToR classes. Saying that from personal experience with all core ACs at 50 (save for PT/VG - can't bring myself to level it because it's mindnumbing. Stuck at 30-ish).
Quote: Originally Posted by yaworr View Post
i am leveling my guardian tank now and i have a question
how much def chance/shield chance/absorb rating is reasonable for guardian tank?
i have searched for this info for some time but none of the guides really says it clear enough
i have lev50 vanguard and she is basically shielding type of tank (12%/53%/75% - def/shield/absorb respectively, with buffs). to what level should i stack defense and other stats on my guardian? can i completely ignore shield and go for defense only?
Shield is a huuuuuuuuuge source of mitigation for all ToR tanks in PvE. I wouldn't advise ignoring it.
I don't think it's wise to stack Defense excessively - it hits diminishing returns quickly. As Guardian, I it's safe to say that you can afford to have a balanced set of stats Less Absorb, slightly more Defense, compared to your Vanguard.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie