Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social Behaviour

NummSaul
12.03.2012 , 06:10 AM | #1
Since f2p has launched i have noticed that people ( new players/old sub players/) are really rude and impatient.
I would like to find out if more people have noticed this and other (lets call it anti-social behaviour) since f2p launched?

I would like to it make clear that i really enjoy the game with my friends and keep on playing for a long time.

But the things ive encounterd or heard from other players/friends:

-People react rude when someone asks a question in general chat/groupchat. The person/persons in question get trolled etc for something silly.
-When someone says 1 min afk ( bio break or whatever the reason is, we all agree to wait a bit.
But when someone else in the group said brb 5 min bio break he got kicked halfway a HM FP by the player that just went away for a 1 minute break.
-The overall rudeness in chat with foreign players not speaking english.( I am a foreign player but i always try to speak my best english in general chat or groups except when i play with friends in a group) When you ask nicely if they could speak english so that everyone can understand whats being said, they refuse and keep talking in their language and the group can't understand what he/she is trying to say to us and rage and quit the group or other people get kicked.

And there are alot of other things ive encounterd of heard from.

And i know '''welcome to the wonderfull world of the internet'' is going through your mind.
But it seems alot of people just don't care about a healthy community anymore?

If my english isn't very good i apolagize, it's not my native language

Sakushi
12.03.2012 , 06:55 AM | #2
Your english is better than most English speakers/Typers lol
lvl 50 Consular [Tank]

DarthWalt
12.03.2012 , 07:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NummSaul View Post
Since f2p has launched i have noticed that people ( new players/old sub players/) are really rude and impatient.
I would like to find out if more people have noticed this and other (lets call it anti-social behaviour) since f2p launched?

I would like to it make clear that i really enjoy the game with my friends and keep on playing for a long time.

But the things ive encounterd or heard from other players/friends:

-People react rude when someone asks a question in general chat/groupchat. The person/persons in question get trolled etc for something silly.
-When someone says 1 min afk ( bio break or whatever the reason is, we all agree to wait a bit.
But when someone else in the group said brb 5 min bio break he got kicked halfway a HM FP by the player that just went away for a 1 minute break.
-The overall rudeness in chat with foreign players not speaking english.( I am a foreign player but i always try speak my best english in general chat or groups except when i play with friends in a group) When you ask nicely if they could speak english so that everyone can understand whats being said, they refuse and keep talking in their language and the group can't understand what he/she is trying to say to us and rage and quit the group or other people get kicked.

And there are alot of other things ive encounterd of heard from.

And i know '''welcome to the wonderfull world of the internet'' is going through your mind.
But it seems alot of people just don't care about a healthy community anymore?

Yes the community as become a ghetto of rude selfish greedy little p.o.s. I think a majority of the community took it as some kinda sign that once f2p came it gave everyone the right to act like tools. But the reality is its all WoWs fault. They encurged and rewared rudness and greed as they were to big to address these issue they choose to ignore them so people got used to being scammed and said F it not anymore. And it has carried over to other MMOs. The fact that the devs still wont address ninjas and poor play IE greifing then this will not stop. We as players cant do anything for the same resons relieing on people to do the right thing has failed so will a community black list or something along those lines.

No this wont stop untill there is a true punishment for acting like an ***. MMOs are a great way to see just how big a scumbags people truely are. You see how they act when thereis no fear of punishment thats how they will act in real life if something happens. Good leasson remember it for the 12/21/12

NummSaul
12.03.2012 , 08:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakushi View Post
Your english is better than most English speakers/Typers lol
Thank you. I'm trying hard to speak/type proper English

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
Yes the community as become a ghetto of rude selfish greedy little p.o.s. I think a majority of the community took it as some kinda sign that once f2p came it gave everyone the right to act like tools. But the reality is its all WoWs fault. They encurged and rewared rudness and greed as they were to big to address these issue they choose to ignore them so people got used to being scammed and said F it not anymore. And it has carried over to other MMOs. The fact that the devs still wont address ninjas and poor play IE greifing then this will not stop. We as players cant do anything for the same resons relieing on people to do the right thing has failed so will a community black list or something along those lines.

No this wont stop untill there is a true punishment for acting like an ***. MMOs are a great way to see just how big a scumbags people truely are. You see how they act when thereis no fear of punishment thats how they will act in real life if something happens. Good leasson remember it for the 12/21/12
First of thanks for replying on my post.
This is my first MMO so i did not know about how things worked in other games but after being in beta testing and the launch of f2p social behaviour went down the drain pretty fast. (i started playing this game because i love Star Wars and i'm doing a study on social behaviour)
What i don't understand is why people continue to keep behaving like this, because they probably will go on the ignore list of alot of people and eventually will not be able to play the game anymore.(think of grouping/doing FP or operations or other game features in other games. Looking at the fact that people are doing this in other games.)
So they're in fact ''killing'' their own gaming experience and create frustration for themselves

As i said before I'm doing a study on social behaviour so thats why it fascinates me why people start and keep behaving like ''douchebags''
Aren't they aware they are ruining everything for themselves?
It just seems strange that this is ''accepted'' in the gaming community by players and game developers alike.

I understand that there are alot of people just doing it for the so called ''lolz'' but some people don't have a clue what they are creating for themselves it seems and carry it over to other people/gamers.
Most MMO-ers i know or see on the TV etc aren't kids anymore ( there are alot of kids playing mmo's but still)
Most of them are in their twenties or older, its seems strange that people use their free time on games to act like ''tools'' to get their daily frustration vented.

Petnil
12.03.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
not speaking english in a group hasnīt happened to me yet in swtor. In general chat i dont care if people write in polish, spanish of whatever they type, just dont make a longer conversation. In groups however itīs another matter.
If people refuse to type in a language the whole group understands, i just leave. itīs no big deal. I can make my own group then and put the asocial doucebags on ignore.

I have yet to experience such behavior in swtor. Generally people are nice.

Thulcondar
12.03.2012 , 01:06 PM | #6
I have seen this as well on Jung Ma. I don't think it is mostly the F2P folks as it is the sub players being extremely rude and coarse to F2P folks. Seems sad, as all they are trying to do is learn the game and have fun!
Remnants of Hope/Vestige of Despair
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP

uniz
12.03.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
this behavior has been going on since launch and was at its worse last December and January.

i wouldn't blame the f2p people as much as it it the subscribers now and their attitude toward such. essentially these subscribers act worse than what they are saying about such f2p players. you can see examples of this attitude here on the forums too.

TekAlcon
12.03.2012 , 02:04 PM | #8
Iv'e made a guild taking f2pers and subbs JUST to avoid grouping with random rude players.Im enjoying this nice green bubble that draws the line between fun nice people and the rude , evil, d-bag sea of subbed and F2p players who dont even know what their doing is bad for everyone.
You cant spell slaughter without laughter
55 Sith Juggernaut Savag
55 Commando Texos
30 Assassin Grimorus

thatghost
12.03.2012 , 02:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NummSaul View Post
Your English is just fine

My ignore list has grown since f2p went live. I didn't even have an ignore list before (and I've been playing since launch). Funny thing is, it's not f2p'ers I've chosen to ignore- all of the incidents of rudeness, childishness, hostility, general d-baggery etc have occurred during running dailies. All I can figure is that these folks are once-subbers who unfortunately returned

eldefail
12.03.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
Your English is just fine

My ignore list has grown since f2p went live. I didn't even have an ignore list before (and I've been playing since launch). Funny thing is, it's not f2p'ers I've chosen to ignore- all of the incidents of rudeness, childishness, hostility, general d-baggery etc have occurred during running dailies. All I can figure is that these folks are once-subbers who unfortunately returned
I think this is a big part of the problem. Returning players spewing their vitriol at the game because it sucked too much to pay for or even play before, but here they are again making sure we all know it.

I've also seen a fair number of subscribers with these attitude problems. I never use an ignore list. Didn't in wow, didn't in lotro, haven't yet in swtor, but I've been tempted since F2P went live. I really think it's a combination of butthurt subscribers thinking people want everything for free and butthurt returning players who are dismayed to see that the game did not utterly crash and burn as they predicted because they are, in fact, NOT psychics.