Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about the Mandalorians

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about the Mandalorians

OddballEasyEight
12.02.2012 , 04:18 AM | #11
Well, the smuggler gets a mandalorian companion too.
So at least some seem to be on the republic side (even if only as mercenaries)

YoshiRaphElan
12.02.2012 , 01:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tallian View Post
remember, the clones were altered to suppress the individualism that mandos prize. mandos themselves hated the clones, and felt jango had betrayed them by allowing himself to be cloned.
That was one Mandalorian, Ghez Hokan. Others, like Kal Skirata and Walon Vau, raised the clones as sons (especially Skirata). But even they said the Republic was failing and if it weren't for the clones, they'd have sided with the Separatists.

Scathe
12.02.2012 , 01:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
That was one Mandalorian, Ghez Hokan. Others, like Kal Skirata and Walon Vau, raised the clones as sons (especially Skirata). But even they said the Republic was failing and if it weren't for the clones, they'd have sided with the Separatists.
Which is true, since most Mandalorian's at the time were hiring out their services to the CIS and not the Republic. Jango was looked down upon by more than a few people when he took the offer to be cloned, namely those who survived from the Death Watch, but at the time Jango was also Mand'alor, so he had free reign to do just about anything he wanted.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

Skapek-Skocap
12.03.2012 , 12:06 AM | #14
It's quite plausible for someone to represent a Mandalorian that allies himself with the Republic. After the incident with Mand'alor the Lesser and his false mantle and his death at the hands Artus, Mandalorians around the galaxy could very easily be cautious and un-trusting of the Mandalores. And in the end, Artus has never had anything legitimate to his reign. Simply killing a false idol to the mantle of the Mandalore doesn't make him one. He does not have unilateral support throughout the clans and doesn't have the Mask of Mandalore either.

Your character could very easily be a Mandalorian discouraged with the direction of the clans and angry at the Sith for their use of a puppet to control the Mandalorians. My character is an "Imperial" by faction, but he works whomever pays him. He will gladly kill a Sith or a Jedi, Imperial or Republic. Which is what a True Mandalorian should be fighting for. Independence from both sides and the reemergence of the Mandalorians as a power in the galaxy.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler