Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's the Emperor?

Selvec
12.02.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
Could he be Abeloth? Sounds kinda almost exactly like Abeloth in another form.
We want action regarding low player numbers on Oceania servers!
Sign this petition if you agree.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ea-b...mbers-problems

Kilikaa
12.02.2012 , 09:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
Could he be Abeloth? Sounds kinda almost exactly like Abeloth in another form.
No. Abeloth would not be the emperor.

Aurbere
12.02.2012 , 11:14 PM | #3
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=558647

Follow the link to learn about the Emperor. It's not a thread by myself. I gave Rayla_Felana the go-ahead to make a thread as a part of my Index.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Mawduce
12.02.2012 , 11:16 PM | #4
he wants to know who the emperor is in this game, not some fan fic about himself.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Beniboybling
12.03.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mawduce View Post
he wants to know who the emperor is in this game, not some fan fic about himself.
It's not a fan fic, its a dossier on the Emperor. And no, he was not Abeloth (who was female). But Tenebrae, the illegitimate son of Lord Dramath of Medriaas who took the title soon before the Great Hyperspace War and after that took the survivors of the war to Dromund Kaas. The reason he is so powerful is because he performed a ritual on his home planet of Medriaas (which became Nathema - being from anathema meaning cursed) which killed everything on the planet and made him 'immortal'.

Selvec
12.04.2012 , 01:54 AM | #6
It just sounds so much like Abeloth though, I mean, doesn't Abeloth also possess beings. Could be the ritual simply allows Abeloth to posses him. I mean, feeding on force users, wanting to destroy EVERYTHING. Being ridiculously powerful. Its all mainstays of Star Wars biggest baddest evil, which from point dot is Abeloth.

It would suck. Because you know, Abeloth is boring and a parody of a D&D monster, but still.

Scathe
12.04.2012 , 02:09 AM | #7
Abeloth at this point is imprisoned within the Maw still, and as far as I know, there is no way to get out. What we know is that the Emperor is a man, he is old, and he is very powerful due to his Mastery of the Dark Side. That is all certain.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

generalarchie
12.04.2012 , 02:19 AM | #8
i met the sith emperor in my jedi knight class he is a mask man they showed

generalarchie
12.04.2012 , 02:20 AM | #9
well the former sith emperor before sidious took power over the republic and form the new galactic empire

Selvec
12.04.2012 , 02:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
Abeloth at this point is imprisoned within the Maw still, and as far as I know, there is no way to get out. What we know is that the Emperor is a man, he is old, and he is very powerful due to his Mastery of the Dark Side. That is all certain.
I can see a few holes in there though. Possessing someone doesn't change their physical appearance, which is something Abeloth does, possession I mean. That he's old just means he aged. That he is very powerful can be attributed to Abeloth.

I'd say the biggest thing is that SW has proven before they have no issue with using bits of extended universe and completely ignoring others. Example, Chiss being involved with the sith at this point in history, Rakata being involved at all, Sith purebloods existing in this time period etc etc. Bioware is infamous for taking things it likes, and ignoring others, just like LucasArts.

I'm not gonna discount the emperor being Abeloth. I wouldn't also believe anything regarding the emperor's indentity unless it's a confirmed legit Lucas Arts/Disney or Bioware resource. Not extended universe.