Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People with Disabilities?

PatT
11.11.2012 , 01:06 AM | #21
I'm on Shadowlands too! Tatica is my main, Seer heals, and Toni'cia is my sentinel. I have a 38 gunslinger I'm working on now.

See you all in game!
Simple happy language words!

GuillimanT
11.11.2012 , 01:24 AM | #22
Huzaah, I'm not alone!

I have HFA (high-functioning autism). Dealing with people is hell for me, games are my salvation at times. I also have scoliosis (40!) which I'm getting surgery for next summer. Full spinal correction. It's going to hurt But It will be awesome to say I have dozens of titanium bolts and a few pins inserted in my spine! One step closer to being a cyborg!

simplius
11.11.2012 , 02:45 AM | #23
i hope u guys get better,,medicine can do pretty amazing things now

im not disabled as such, but a chronically infected gall bladder does make grouping hard

i found that the darkshore zone in wow had therapeutical qualities, the music and the ambience was so

soothing,,they should actually prescribe that

QuaDaJun
11.14.2012 , 03:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
I'm on Shadowlands too! Tatica is my main, Seer heals, and Toni'cia is my sentinel. I have a 38 gunslinger I'm working on now.

See you all in game!
Awesome to see Shadowlands has some fellow gamers playing in spite of limitations!

Does anyone use any specific programs or special devices to help with limited or lack of finger function?

Feel free to add me on Shadowlands, my character is Jas'ta lvl 50 Sith Juggernaut

ziphii
12.02.2012 , 12:54 PM | #25
Just wanted to say I am so glad to see there are some here who play this game even with some factors that make it tough. I know I can really feel it in my hands after playing for a few hours, but I really enjoy being able to do everything anyone else can do without having to worry about real life issues in game.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Eleishia
12.15.2012 , 05:30 AM | #26
Right here. Just was denied for Social Security Disability. Looking for a (free) lawyer so I can appeal my case, fun fun. I have depression, severe OCD, anxiety and a horrible case of separation anxiety from my wife. I can't go anywhere without her, or have her go anywhere without me.

My wife has BiPolar Depression, high anxiety and high social anxiety.

But! Together we have each other, and that's the best thing ever.
The Ebon Hawk | Empire: Human Rukkia Bai'ley - Sith Juggernaut | Republic: Human Kallisa Bai'ley - Smuggler Gunslinger | Real Life: Angie, 23, living in Utah with my gorgeous best friend, wife and soul mate Jen! Animal momma, gamer, geek, artist, blogger and Role-Player.

LanaRyra
12.15.2012 , 06:02 AM | #27
Well, I'm 14, and for the past 3 years, i've been poked and prodded so many times, i lost count. Had severe stomach pain. The school nurse made a comment that i shouldnt fake stomach pain to get out of class. wonder how she feels now [she actually retired that year]. The school Principle also said i was 'faking' it. After surgery. and tests that no kid would want to go through all in a year.

In the first year around christmas, they found my gallbladder wasnt working, they removed it right before christmas [got home christmas eve day], i got an allergic reaction to a med they had me on, and they told me if i would shut up and stop crying about it, the pain would go away. Yes, that is exactly what you say to a kid who is having trouble seeing and feels like their head is going to explode After the surgery i had an allergic reaction to another med that made me pass out on the floor.

In the end, that wasn't it, and the pain continued. It got so bad, it was really debilitating. Was out of school, had tutors come for 6th and 7th grade, 8th grade was homeschooling, and they could never figure out what was wrong. Still haven't. However, i am now on anti-depressants to try and stop my head communicating with my nerves (stop it from making the pain) and it works a little. They are also using it as just an anti-depressant since what person wouldn't be depressed locked away from the world all the time?
Also, when i was a baby (yes a baby, just about a year old) i got Stevens-Johnson, which destroyed my skin and could have made me blind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevens...hnson_syndrome explains it [dont look if you can't handle graphic pictures] I got it because the doctors couldn't find out what was originally wrong with me, and filled me up with a bunch of drugs.
EDIT: i feel i should just mention, i also have arthritis.

I should stop going on about all this, and get to the main point. I play games to escape my very harsh reality. The pain is still horrific, and im still always in my house. Through games and the internet, i am able to get the social contact i need to really get by. Plus, i get to have lots of fun while doing that too, and it takes my mind off the pain.
Characters:
Jedi Covenant:
.....Lots. LOL (9 total). Main on all servers is 'Amaine.' amaine on this server is a sorc healer at level 50
Another character on this server im really playing is Mimoso, my Guardian.
Shadowlands:
Amaine, level....45 or 46 commando.
Pot5:
....Suzuki. Low level sniper.

anyways...

As you can see, i have lots of charatcers XD i also have a character on the ebon hawk. i am, as some would say, an altaholic. see everyone around, and its good to see other people like me playing the game.

PS: Amaine means sweet sound in japanese
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year. Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.
Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually

QuaDaJun
12.21.2012 , 10:26 AM | #28
Is anyone using voice command software to help with physical limitations? If so which programs have you found work the best?
I am currently looking into Dragon Naturally Speaking, but wanted to get input from others before purchasing.
Thanks...have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

ziphii
02.01.2013 , 09:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by GuillimanT View Post
Huzaah, I'm not alone!

I have HFA (high-functioning autism). Dealing with people is hell for me, games are my salvation at times. I also have scoliosis (40!) which I'm getting surgery for next summer. Full spinal correction. It's going to hurt But It will be awesome to say I have dozens of titanium bolts and a few pins inserted in my spine! One step closer to being a cyborg!
Sorry to hear you have to have surgery; hope it makes the pain better so you can get around better. I have a bone defect in my spine; in a few months I have to have 2 of my vertebrae fused. I will have a few pins, but I'll be less of a cyborg than you! Thanks for sharing!

ziphii
02.01.2013 , 09:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by QuaDaJun View Post
Is anyone using voice command software to help with physical limitations? If so which programs have you found work the best?
I am currently looking into Dragon Naturally Speaking, but wanted to get input from others before purchasing.
Thanks...have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I don't have any info on this, but I wanted to bump it in case someone else does.