Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plasma Brand- Shorten the burn

Karasuko
12.01.2012 , 09:15 AM | #21
You really don't want to see the damage a sents/mara's/PT's dots do its actually quite embarassing.My fresh geared mara with rakata MH and columi offhand has 1 dot that crits for 400 and overcharge saber critting for just shy of 1400.

I suspect the reason why they're added the Dot components on is to buff the damage these moves do without affecting combat,focus and defense. All in all I'm reasonably impressed with the damage that bladestorm and OS do,
BS crits often and OS hits hard, the dots are just icing on the cake.

Asto resetting MS chance i'd much rather they just buffed the damage that PB does, relying on adrenal usage to get 3k crits with a 31pter is pretty shocking.

PowerReaper
12.01.2012 , 01:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
By "almost the same" you mean a LOT better. Plasma Brand's direct hit, if all the stars align, can crit for something like 2.5-3k, OS can crit for over 4k.

But apart from that, you're right. It's laughable how Watchman dots are so much more effective.
I agree this dot needs to be under 9 seconds, but really you're comparing Vigilance dot damage (which is in all reality not even a full dot damage spec) to Watchman, which is really a pure dps dot damage spec.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Siorac
12.02.2012 , 08:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
I agree this dot needs to be under 9 seconds, but really you're comparing Vigilance dot damage (which is in all reality not even a full dot damage spec) to Watchman, which is really a pure dps dot damage spec.
I only made the comparison because Vigilance and Watchman are the two sustained damage Jedi Knight specs. They are different, yes, but Plasma Brand's overall, well, crappiness is quite an important reason as to why Vigilance is inferior to Watchman in almost every aspect.

Karasuko
12.03.2012 , 02:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I only made the comparison because Vigilance and Watchman are the two sustained damage Jedi Knight specs. They are different, yes, but Plasma Brand's overall, well, crappiness is quite an important reason as to why Vigilance is inferior to Watchman in almost every aspect.
Dots while lackluster are the tip of the iceberg when comparing vigi to watchmen.
-Godmode Cd's
-They have surge talents.
-AMFG raid Cd's.
-better manuverabilty.
-less conditional interupts.
-better survivability out of CD's.

Vigi really isn't a bad spec, Its just nowhere near as polished as a watchmen or even combat sentinel spec.

Altheran
12.03.2012 , 03:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
Right now I have to question why Blade Storm and OS have a dot component as opposed to higher up-front damage. The only purpose they seem to server in PvP is that they can offer clense protection for shatter (as clenses remove the oldest dots first). However because of the high damage the Shatter dot does and its long tick time you generally want to get it up on the target asap so for me that theory sort of doesn't work :S
I don't see these DoTs as a cleanse protection for Plasma Brand, but rather as a "you shall not stealth before me". Overhead Slash and Blade Storm being different attack types (Melee & Force), it allows me to use them as a counter of respectively Force Shroud and Evasion, because I will be able to DoT them again before they try to disapear, and most of the time it screws their vanishing move.

Carousel_t
12.04.2012 , 04:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I don't see these DoTs as a cleanse protection for Plasma Brand, but rather as a "you shall not stealth before me". Overhead Slash and Blade Storm being different attack types (Melee & Force), it allows me to use them as a counter of respectively Force Shroud and Evasion, because I will be able to DoT them again before they try to disapear, and most of the time it screws their vanishing move.
even though OHS and BS are different attack types, it makes no difference in pvp as you will spam them constantly. I very rarely use PB in warzones since its damage is far inferior to both ohs and bs and DoTs are easy to heal. if you aim for stealthers, i have to stop you there - most stealthers wont be put out of stealth due to DoTs as they don't break stealth (as far as i can tell) and scoundrels/agents got their dodge anyway.

plasma brand definately needs some love, as well as whole vigi/veng tree. i really am missing more synergy skills like force rush.

Altheran
12.04.2012 , 03:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Carousel_t View Post
if you aim for stealthers, i have to stop you there - most stealthers wont be put out of stealth due to DoTs as they don't break stealth (as far as i can tell) and scoundrels/agents got their dodge anyway.

plasma brand definately needs some love, as well as whole vigi/veng tree. i really am missing more synergy skills like force rush.
I don't particularly aim for them, but if they enter my range, I tend to use this kind of tactic.
And yes it works, DoTs always unstealth people... but you have to make sure that they have a DoT when they go stealth. And this can be done even with Force Shroud and Dodge : it's a short time frame that is hard to exploit, but after they use one of these abilities, they tend to spend a little time before to stealth, and in the case of Dodge, Blade Storm will DoT them back, in the case of Force Shroud it can be done with both Overhead Slash or Plasma Brand. Obviously I prefer to face Assassins because it's easier to have one of two DoTing abilies up...

KiranK
12.06.2012 , 03:59 AM | #28
Reducing plamsa brand burn to 9s would certainly be a welcome change. Some of the DoT damage is just plain wasted if you're working it into your rotation every time it's off CD. It's not like Vigilance damage is out of control in either PvP or PvE. Please, give us spell duration and CDs that make sense.
There's no QQing in baseball.