Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Skadge Appreciation Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Skadge Appreciation Thread

battycoda
11.28.2012 , 05:52 PM | #41
"it's always somethin' with you!" :-P

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 65 | Bounty Hunter - 65 | Agent - 65

UndyingImhotep
11.30.2012 , 08:44 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Burgdawg View Post
He pulls a rocket launcher out of nowhere and proceeds to layeth the smackdown on their candyasses. Worth it for the hilarity alone.
And don't forget his grappling cable ability when he opens up on a target. All other tanking companions pull the target to them....not Blizz. He ends up getting pulled to the target. First time I saw that I laughed for 5 minutes.

Also laugh every time an elite gets beaten down by Blizz....."Dude...you just got knocked the *BLEEP* out....BY A JAWA!!!!!"
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sippix
11.30.2012 , 02:44 PM | #43
Skadge is a bad-a. Too many care bears are scared of his maxxx powwaaarrrrrzzz KOMEHAMEHAAAAA
Mayhem Legacy
Jugg_Karatê Guard_C'mon-seriously Sorc_Hawt-dawts Sage_Snüggle
Op_Mcstabbs Scoundrel_Hawt-shawt Mara_Bönerfärt Sent_Feelings
PT_T-wrexx Sniper_Lazorbeemz Merc_Trüst Sin_Kung-fü

Exiled-Phoenix
11.30.2012 , 02:52 PM | #44
-2500 affection...lets see u get blizz on hoth and then u get another tank after that named skadge.

Not skadge his fault, devs just made bad decisions when putting companions in the storyline.

Captain_Lurker
11.30.2012 , 03:06 PM | #45
I can name one thing I like about him...

He is voiced by the same actor who does the voice for Tychus Findley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iDAIQTNb0

YoshiRaphElan
11.30.2012 , 06:02 PM | #46
Skadge...just no. I just got him on Belsavis and can't find a thing to like about him, character-wise. He's an awesome tank, but as for personality? I'd prefer a brick wall. Really. I had a conversation with him, and when I told him to find his own entertainment, his response was that when he got bored back in prison someone got stabbed. I threatened him...and it gained affection. Conversation after that, he says he hates my crew, and Blizz was asking to get shot. I told him my crew was great. -832 affection.

Skadge...just no.

ColorlessDays
02.17.2016 , 07:39 PM | #47
Clearly most of you have entirely missed the point of the word "appreciation". BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO GO AROUND. I actually googled this just to see if I was the only person who actually genuinely likes this character.

I'm not entirely convinced that most of this hate is solely based on appearance. Everyone knows he looks like a year old pile of dog ****. But he's actually pretty funny. Sure, he's the definition of Horrible Person, but isn't that what you play imp side for? Horrible people? I mean come on. Sure Mako and Torian are adorable puppies, but let's face it. Torian has no sense of humor, none. And half the time he doesn't bother to translate. The boy speaks two sentences per conversation if you're lucky. And mako is precious and quirky, her conversation line is incredibly well written, but you may as well crawl in a dark whole if you're not mostly or entirely lightside. No one likes being guilted and yelled at. My point here is that they can get boring.

But if you're tough enough to go darkside, Skadge is great. And he says some funny stuff along the way. His conversation line is pretty entertaining too. It can really feel like two bros banging around the galaxy having a good time. Even if you just wanna pick on him he's worth bringing. He's a nice alternative to Gault if you want someone tougher and with a less whiny voice to compliment your big scary bounty hunter.

So yeah. That's my essay of unpopular opinion.

Mordresh
02.17.2016 , 07:42 PM | #48
I appreciate that Skadge is off my ship in KotFE.
Seven free days of full access + extra goodies for new and returning players:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Kx5NWg

alricka
02.17.2016 , 07:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by ColorlessDays View Post
Clearly most of you have entirely missed the point of the word "appreciation". BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO GO AROUND. I actually googled this just to see if I was the only person who actually genuinely likes this character.

I'm not entirely convinced that most of this hate is solely based on appearance. Everyone knows he looks like a year old pile of dog ****. But he's actually pretty funny. Sure, he's the definition of Horrible Person, but isn't that what you play imp side for? Horrible people? I mean come on. Sure Mako and Torian are adorable puppies, but let's face it. Torian has no sense of humor, none. And half the time he doesn't bother to translate. The boy speaks two sentences per conversation if you're lucky. And mako is precious and quirky, her conversation line is incredibly well written, but you may as well crawl in a dark whole if you're not mostly or entirely lightside. No one likes being guilted and yelled at. My point here is that they can get boring.

But if you're tough enough to go darkside, Skadge is great. And he says some funny stuff along the way. His conversation line is pretty entertaining too. It can really feel like two bros banging around the galaxy having a good time. Even if you just wanna pick on him he's worth bringing. He's a nice alternative to Gault if you want someone tougher and with a less whiny voice to compliment your big scary bounty hunter.

So yeah. That's my essay of unpopular opinion.
You're not the only one. Well, I can't say that I LIKE Skadge, but I do find him funny. He has much more personality than Torian, to be honest.

ColorlessDays
02.17.2016 , 07:57 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
You're not the only one. Well, I can't say that I LIKE Skadge, but I do find him funny. He has much more personality than Torian, to be honest.
Nice to see a few people that at least don't hate him. He's not my favorite from that crew. But it kinda bums me out to see him get no love.