Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

serious question/confusion regarding accuracy and gunnery

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
serious question/confusion regarding accuracy and gunnery

Bleeters
11.27.2012 , 04:44 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoop View Post
for as much as ranged attacks miss in raid setting i'll stick with the extra power vs accuracy and higher dps score over your flawless theory crafting
Heh.

Point me to this level 50 raid gear which allows you to exchange accuracy for power. I'll just wait here.

oaceen
11.29.2012 , 01:11 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoop View Post
for as much as ranged attacks miss in raid setting i'll stick with the extra power vs accuracy and higher dps score over your flawless theory crafting
i think you completely missed the part where he said he did tests to come up with his conclusion, not theorycrafting

deadandburied
11.29.2012 , 03:53 PM | #33
Well his tests are wrong or he had a brain fart. I don't just theorycraft. I do a ton of testing. Accuracy should be between 8-10%. Below that and dps suffers quite a bit. There is no choice of lowering accuracy to gain power. Your choice is Accuracy, Surge or Alacrity. Out of those 3 choices accuracy comes out on top. You'll already have plenty of surge and be hitting DR.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

deadandburied
11.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #34
Damn RNG was killing me last nite. FA missed 35 times out of 896 for 3.6%. HiB missed 13 out of 208 for 6.3%. Accuracy was at +8.68% btw. While i was hoping that +8.68% would be better than +10.20% with the +.20 being wasted, it's days like this that prove the opposite. I'm going back to +10.20%. Also it's been suggested that this game is using a 2 roll system. This means if you missed at 10% you'd crit 10% less often. Meaning you'd go from 40% crit to 36% crit for example. My logs and other classes/specs logs verify this.

So please get to +10%. And being slightly over 10% is better than being at less than +9%.

ArchangelLBC
12.02.2012 , 10:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
Damn RNG was killing me last nite. FA missed 35 times out of 896 for 3.6%. HiB missed 13 out of 208 for 6.3%. Accuracy was at +8.68% btw. While i was hoping that +8.68% would be better than +10.20% with the +.20 being wasted, it's days like this that prove the opposite. I'm going back to +10.20%. Also it's been suggested that this game is using a 2 roll system. This means if you missed at 10% you'd crit 10% less often. Meaning you'd go from 40% crit to 36% crit for example. My logs and other classes/specs logs verify this.

So please get to +10%. And being slightly over 10% is better than being at less than +9%.
Guess I'll just be upgrading all my accuracy enhancements directly then.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

deadandburied
12.03.2012 , 09:13 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Guess I'll just be upgrading all my accuracy enhancements directly then.
Yar, good idea. I switched back to +10.20% accuracy for last nites raid. Didn't miss for FA and HiB and crit rate was back to normal. Much better results.