Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
To those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription

FuulishOne
11.28.2012 , 10:59 AM | #11
+1 To lifer only shop where you can purchase with credits, bound to legacy, no-trade ever, UNIQUE custom gear, mounts, pets. And by unique I mean truly new/different visual designs, not this re-coloring business.

Whether those items are available from the Cartel Market is a discussion... but the Lifer shop should allow one to purchase them with credits.

shadowrouge
11.28.2012 , 08:44 PM | #12
why should a lifer get more CC than a monthly suber? your actually giving BW/EA less money over time. A monthly that says monthly and the game runs say 7 to 8 years is going to pay far more to BW/EA than a life time sub. So in reality if your a life subber you should only get 250 cc coins a month in my eyes. You pay less you get less.

Don't think that way, as a F2Per if they are getting more than you right now.
Weekend Beta tester 11-11-11/ Thanksgiving tester 11-25-11

philrowen
11.29.2012 , 01:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowrouge View Post
why should a lifer get more CC than a monthly suber? your actually giving BW/EA less money over time. A monthly that says monthly and the game runs say 7 to 8 years is going to pay far more to BW/EA than a life time sub. So in reality if your a life subber you should only get 250 cc coins a month in my eyes. You pay less you get less.
People who pay $12.99 a month on six-month subs get more coins every month than people who pay $14.99 a month for a recurring 30-day sub.

Erethrian
11.30.2012 , 01:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by philrowen View Post
People who pay $12.99 a month on six-month subs get more coins every month than people who pay $14.99 a month for a recurring 30-day sub.
That's right, their policies are not like "give us money over time" but "give us money now and you receive more".

Also, as I said, I could see something around 1000CC/month for a "lifetimer", but maybe they'd give 625-650 CC/month instead of 700-1000 if we're being realistic.

Lorica
11.30.2012 , 10:20 AM | #15
Unfortunately, I only think Lifetime Membership is but a dream or perhaps do a 3 years plan which I list below?...

To add to Erethrian's...

Requirement for lifetime subscription:
> No need to be a Subsciber.

Price I'd be willing to pay:
> Between US$ 249.00 ~ US$ 299,00. Or 225-275

What I'd expect to get in return:
> Lifetime status as subscriber.
> Around 1000 Cartel Coins per month.
> Ingame title "Citizen" (Change that to a special in game moniker - titles are usually replaced with master\etc).
> A shop only for Lifetime subs.
> Lifetime discount of 10 to 20% in the Cartel Market.
> Roll all stores into Lifetime Sub Market and add a few extras for Lifetimers.
> Free: Digital Upgrade Pack
> Free: Physical Security Token (aka Two-factor authentication)
> Three years of free content updates (aka - you do not have pay for expansion packs for (3) years - $450 value)
> After 3 years, remain at subscriber status forever (does not drop to F2P or Preferred) with the following:
1. Receive 600-1000 cartel coins a month
2. Free bug patches.
3. Pay for major content releases - For example from Version 1.6 to Version 2 and so forth.

Petnil
11.30.2012 , 11:12 AM | #16
my guess would be that i lifetime sub would/should cost about the same as 2year sub.
you would get the same coin pr. month as a sub, maybe + 100 for beeing lifetime.
a title would be fine, maybe a pet or a hologram item, but im not sure why we would get other priviledges.

Lorica
11.30.2012 , 11:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
my guess would be that i lifetime sub would/should cost about the same as 2year sub.
you would get the same coin pr. month as a sub, maybe + 100 for beeing lifetime.
a title would be fine, maybe a pet or a hologram item, but im not sure why we would get other priviledges.
EDIT: Here is the current breakdown - http://www.swtor.com/free

Angry_Android
12.01.2012 , 12:20 PM | #18
I'm already a CE subscriber, and the only reason i use the cards rather than reoccuring billing is the irregularity of my pay from work. If i had the option of a lifetime sub, i would jump on that because i could pay, lumpsum, rather than have the uncertainty of what my financial status will be at the moment that reoccurring charge floats through.

Of course, more perks is always nice too

filipesantana
12.02.2012 , 01:34 PM | #19
this is nonsense...

best part- "citizen" lmao

ziphii
12.02.2012 , 01:52 PM | #20
I'm too poor to pay anything like that up front, but it sounds like a great idea