Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

Yermog
05.27.2012 , 12:03 PM | #161
I think that if they were going to implement kids, they'd have to have some sort of story arc first which would lead up to it. As shown on this thread alone, there's plenty of players who don't want a kid. So, having that story arc could allow those who might like having a kid to have an option to get one, and those who don't to not get one.

Then there could be two other arcs after that, one for people who had a kid and one for those who didn't. That way there would be equal content available for both groups and neither one will be saying "They got extra stuff!"

Of course, if they were to do this, it probably wouldn't be for a few more years. They're still pretty new in the world of MMO's. Only 6 months in June. This is looking forward into the future by quite a bit.

Stenrik
06.02.2012 , 01:33 PM | #162
(oops, mispost)

Crezelle
06.02.2012 , 04:38 PM | #163
what id LOVE to see, i posted elsewhere, but this thread is best for it, is second gen class toons. instead of playing the IDENTICAL gauntlet your toon's parents had, play the class in it's own unique plotline a generation ahead. Maybe even have subtle differences based on choices the parent made. it could explain why theres so few LI choices for the first gen: maybe theyre just the begining, and you're really suposed to play as the next gen, with a much more elaborate universe to play in.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

FigeroMentel
06.02.2012 , 06:49 PM | #164
Am I the only one who realizes that you can't create two parents in legacy? You can create a spouse, but not have the children come from the two characters, it needs to be one or the other. I'm assuming that the kids come from the companion, then, reguardless of the character's marital status.
Martha Mentel Dahlquist Mentel
Figero Mentel Carvala Mentel
Annek Mentel Jelal Mentel

Yermog
10.24.2012 , 05:56 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by FigeroMentel View Post
Am I the only one who realizes that you can't create two parents in legacy? You can create a spouse, but not have the children come from the two characters, it needs to be one or the other. I'm assuming that the kids come from the companion, then, reguardless of the character's marital status.
I did actually notice that when I attempted to have two of my characters get married and have kids (in the Legacy window). When I realized that only one character could be the parent, I decided to not have the two characters married. It sort of took the fun out for me.

I'm assuming that BW expects us to romance the LIs, which would account for the One-Parent Only thing. Honestly though, I would rather have more LI content than have a kid following me around. It would actually be really interesting (to my mind) if in one of the story arcs your character or LI is made sterile, which would prevent children from being born between the two anyway. Of course this would be a consequence of choices made rather than an automatic thing.

Uluain
10.24.2012 , 05:57 PM | #166
Add the missing half of 1-50 companion romance content before expanding existing stories, please.

Also, who is going to raise these children of adventurers and companions? Do you really want to spend the next 20 years on Tatooine safeguarding them?

TalonVII
10.24.2012 , 06:45 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Add the missing half of 1-50 companion romance content before expanding existing stories, please.

Also, who is going to raise these children of adventurers and companions? Do you really want to spend the next 20 years on Tatooine safeguarding them?
As a smuggler i'll raise them on my ship Trooper on the other hand that gets a tad difficult. Bounty hunter, well if you ever read any of the mando lore, kids are wearing armor by 6, and are adults by 13, married by 16.

Imperial Agents, really think that's a good environment for kids? Well jedi and sith, well no kids there really
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Yermog
11.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Well jedi and sith, well no kids there really
Actually in the game when you play as a SW (and I think SI) someone talks about how it's expected for them to have kids. Sith are the top dogs in the Empire, so naturally Sith want to have kids of their own to continue the legacy. Apparently it's expected of them to have children, whether it's in marriage or outside of it. I honestly don't remember what I was doing or where I was when I heard that, but I do remember it being said.

And as far as Jedi go, I think some of them do secretly have kids, just like some of them secretly get married. They just never, ever, ever talk about it.

FINNT
11.30.2012 , 12:09 PM | #169
If you romance Nadia, she writes (those mails) that she wants to come out with it later on and Kira if I remeber correctly is all for kids, retiring and having fun.

These would be very interesting events. At least with me the whole Kira romance/marriage went secret and though most of consulars crew mates seem to know about it (Nadia) you don't get any angry contacts from jedi council
:laser:

chuixupu
11.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #170
That's interesting to know that some species actually mention that they have genetic differences. So the developers actually sat around doing thought and research into which species are genetically compatible, lol.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant