Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Disappearing Crafting Recipes!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Burtlebe's Avatar


Burtlebe
11.28.2012 , 10:32 AM | #61
Wonder if this is similiar to the issue of learning a purple mission and it not showing up in the mission tab, If i buy another of the same mission it wont let me learn it and says I already know it Happened on my diplomacy 340 lightside mission and several of the lower level ones. Also happened on one underworld mission.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Blackomens's Avatar


Blackomens
11.28.2012 , 12:06 PM | #62
Class: Imperial Agent/Sniper

Crew Skills: Tested with ALL of them, all are broken.

Specific Recipes: Honestly it was so many that I simply couldn't be bothered to write them all down. Essentially it was ANY blue/purple recipe obtained via reverse engineering.

Lustephelon's Avatar


Lustephelon
11.28.2012 , 12:20 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:
  • What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Why isn't this on the known issues list?
I can understand 24 hour delay in verification, but after that shouldn't it be displayed where we all can see what you know about and what you do not?

Why have things like the standing corpses that have been around since launch not been added to the known issues list?
Is there some kinda cut off on the list? must have over 100k people affected or something and if so, is how many so we can try to make sure we completely overwhelm CS with enough tickets to qualify.

SenseX's Avatar


SenseX
11.28.2012 , 12:51 PM | #64
I have the exact opposite problem.

On one of my characters, I deleted the Cybertech profession and re-learned it.

As there is currently no way to get rid of individual unwanted recipes, unlearning the complete profession and re-learning only the stuff you need is the only way to clean it up.

But now when I delete the profession and re-learn it, after a relog all my old recipes are back ... and I can't get rid of them.

Please fix this and/or give us an option to delete unwanted recipes. Thanks.

KPureblade's Avatar


KPureblade
11.28.2012 , 12:52 PM | #65
I know this probably won't help much, but I wanted to confirm a case where this did NOT happen.. this post had me concerned so I logged in to check on some schematics I learned yesterday.

Yesterday I read the schematic book for Fortitude Augment 19. Then I proceeded to craft and reverse engineer the blue schematic version and then the purple Advanced Fortitude Augment 19. I logged in today and I still have them.

For what it is worth, it was Armstech, and I've never dropped a crew skill to learn a different one.

Sist_R's Avatar


Sist_R
11.28.2012 , 01:14 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by KPureblade View Post
For what it is worth, it was Armstech, and I've never dropped a crew skill to learn a different one.
So it dont concern you.

Class: Sith Inqusitor/Assasin
Skill: Picked Slicing, droped it for Synthwaving, then picked Archaeology and Underworld Trading.
Recipes: All from revers engineering and lost some from vendor

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
11.28.2012 , 02:19 PM | #67 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lustephelon View Post
Why isn't this on the known issues list?
I can understand 24 hour delay in verification, but after that shouldn't it be displayed where we all can see what you know about and what you do not?

Why have things like the standing corpses that have been around since launch not been added to the known issues list?
Is there some kinda cut off on the list? must have over 100k people affected or something and if so, is how many so we can try to make sure we completely overwhelm CS with enough tickets to qualify.

These are both great questions! First, every bug that we know about will not make it to the Known Issues, and there are a few reasons why we may not put something on the list right away, even when we know about it:

1. Exploits. Even when we know about them, we certainly want to keep players from abusing these bugs before we are able to fix them.


2. Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for. Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.


3. Performance issues. Because we will always need to be collecting data from players about anything performance related, these types of issues will generally get their own thread in the Customer Support forums where we can get players to post logs, dxdiags, etc, to help the developers.


4. It doesn’t affect gameplay enough, and the list needs to be kept to a reasonable size. This is the reason that the second example you gave is not listed. Generally, this will include bugs with art (floating rock), typos, voice overs, sound effects, and other small things. However, there will always be exceptions to this, especially when the bug is related to combat.

Hopefully this helps you understand how we decide what goes on the Known Issues list, and we are happy that you look to it as a resource!
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

RaptorClown's Avatar


RaptorClown
11.28.2012 , 02:31 PM | #68
class:Jedi shadow
skill:synthwaveing, and others... forgot which i was using but missions disapeared as well D:
names:meh that might be hard... nothing special, just make it work next time, dont need these i lost :P

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.28.2012 , 02:46 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
2. Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for. Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.
Not to be overly critical, but this really makes it sound like by the time an issue is ready for the Known Issues list, it should be getting fixed in the next patch...
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Friedi's Avatar


Friedi
11.28.2012 , 03:46 PM | #70
I experienced this with a imperial agent. This was a character I created way back, but never really played. I started active playing on the character after the 1.5 patch.

I first acquired synthwaving, then figured out, this was the wrong skill for me. Afterwards I changed to Armormech.
Then I started crafting. The first blue schematics included stealth boots, which disappeared after a short time. I also experienced this with the blue stealth belt schematic.

After that I pretty much stopped crafting.

From what I read here and in other places, it seems that most, if not all characters with this problem changed their crew skill at some point, so this may be related to a change of profession. I did this after the 1.5 patch. Also it seems that only schematics disappear that were reverse engineered.

Hope that helps

Friedi