Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

Erethrian
11.28.2012 , 02:44 AM | #1
Hello guys

I've been playing this game since Beta and I remember te first time I got to Taris. The planet seemed quite well represented to me (after what happened 300 years ago) but, that was just some parts of the story and the overall planet. As I was playing on Taris I found myself pretty annoyed because of the location of some quests and a story not so engaging as the one from other planets.

I won't write a wall of text here so despite of my own reasons for loving/hating some aspects of Taris, I'd like to know what you guys think about Taris. Is Taris enjoyable to you? Why or why not?

Thanks!

PS: There're similar threads, but the one that sticks to this subject is in the french forums.

Karasuko
11.28.2012 , 02:47 AM | #2
Taris isn't too bad storywise i found, What really got me was the paths. Having to go massively out of way some of the time was a right royal pain in the backside.But asfar as planets go i;d give taris a 6/10. Not great not terrible but passable.

Tyheer
11.28.2012 , 03:25 AM | #3
I actually enjoyed Taris but that might be because it simply wasn't Coruscant and I was just happy to get out of there. While Taris may have been a pain in the backside (with all those paths and trails), Coruscant was just plain tedious. I really wish they could have differentiated the class stories a bit more because the thought that each time I start a new Republic-aligned character I have to go through all the Coruscant missions again...ugh.

Leigabar
11.28.2012 , 03:28 AM | #4
Hello,

Comando story: at Taris... meh... will see with other toons soon.
Planet story: I really enjoyed! I have been tied to my chair until I had finally finished quest of promised land. Thou I have been quite disapointed by last note... it was not the happy ending after all but at least thoee poor people from under city had better days.

Paths are pain in the A, in most planets so I will not speak about those.

B.R.
Leigabar

NoTomorrow
11.28.2012 , 04:02 AM | #5
empire taris is one of the best planets.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Erethrian
11.28.2012 , 04:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
empire taris is one of the best planets.
First of all, thank you all for your responses.

Now, yeah, I played through Taris with my Sith and I enjoyed a lot of it, even if I hated how they did the paths. Now I'm playing through it with my Jedi Consular and I find it quite annoying. Maybe it's because the path/location of the quests thing, but whatever it is, I just can't enjoy this planet the way I'd like to.

Max_Gambit
11.28.2012 , 08:11 AM | #7
When i get to taris now, i will most likely just do the story quest and skip the rest, im a sub and been using xp boosts so i have normally outlevld the next planet i get to, and i remember from Taris on my OP i was so tired of this place on then end. but well see, definitely not one of my favorites
Impetus Norvegicus
Norwegian Empire Community
Søker etter flere norsktalende spillere
Guild forum | Guild HQ

Mark_Sayers
11.28.2012 , 08:30 AM | #8
It depends on what side i play i can bare it with the empire but on the republic side i think it drags on too long and can't stand it so i try to get off it as soon as possible. i hate the constant same enemies the rakghoul are a boring enemy to kill and thats really all taris consists of but then again na shaa da not the best of planets either

MonsterBike
11.28.2012 , 08:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Leigabar View Post
Hello,

Comando story: at Taris... meh... will see with other toons soon.
Planet story: I really enjoyed! I have been tied to my chair until I had finally finished quest of promised land. Thou I have been quite disapointed by last note... it was not the happy ending after all but at least thoee poor people from under city had better days.

Paths are pain in the A, in most planets so I will not speak about those.

B.R.
Leigabar
I'm not a massive fan of Taris but it's OK. I think you can just change you statement to Commando story: ... meh meaning the Commando story being the most dull and lifeless writing in the game.

LegendaryBlade
11.28.2012 , 09:17 AM | #10
I will never go back to Taris.

Not ever.

Worst planet, hands down
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger