Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The adventures of Forced Companions Daycare

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The adventures of Forced Companions Daycare

Canino
11.25.2012 , 10:54 AM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
Quinn was too busy with the pew pew to get out of the fire?

Oh the irony!

Also, please continue to make more of these because I love you so much.

Except not in that way. ew.
*In best toddler voice*"Tats icky!!!!" On another note
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! More, more, more!!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

LanaSangien
11.26.2012 , 05:05 PM | #362
I power-read through this thread in two days. Couldn't stop laughing at the idea of little chibi baby companions; their antics only made me laugh harder. Keep up the good work! Subscribed for weekly notifications.

I know someone mentioned having adult player-characters come in and flirt with their future companions. That's just wrong. First, the PC's would be toddlers too. Second, adults hitting on toddlers? No. Third, what would the character's name be in the fic? He or she would represent all PC's of that class.
On a side note, I think Bowdaar and the Republic in general are horribly maligned. Other than that, I saw some frickin awesome ideas posted, and a brilliant plot made from most of them. Overall, I rated this thread a 5. Bright, keep doing what you're doing. Everyone else, your posts are almost as much fun to read.

See you around the galaxy!
Proud to serve? Go to militarygamers.com and join our close-knit community. We support dozens of games on PC, PS3, and XBox360.

Anysao
11.27.2012 , 10:08 PM | #363
Did I catch "next week" in that last chapter? Hint hint...
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

imnotawitch
11.29.2012 , 12:52 PM | #364
So, idea. Class president elections! It comes down to Quinn and Vette, and Quinn wins the majority vote, but Vette is chosen.

>.>

<.<

No I am not bitter at Bioware...
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 02:34 PM | #365
The "Do the Math" prompt in the SFWC thread got me thinking. What would their curriculum look like? If they were picking literature to read, would they focus on Republic or Imperial authors? What kind of critiques would they offer for versions of our classics: Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar [sw spoilers]
Spoiler
What versions of historical events would they end up with? Debates on biased sources, 'history is written by the victors', and whitewashing. Gym class with organized games (getting picked last). I think you've hit science before, but dissections, mixing chemicals, engineering...it's all so much fun. And yes, math
Looks up....no I'm not a nerd. Nope nope nope.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Mirdthestrill
11.29.2012 , 07:17 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
The "Do the Math" prompt in the SFWC thread got me thinking. What would their curriculum look like? If they were picking literature to read, would they focus on Republic or Imperial authors? What kind of critiques would they offer for versions of our classics: Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar [sw spoilers]
Spoiler
What versions of historical events would they end up with? Debates on biased sources, 'history is written by the victors', and whitewashing. Gym class with organized games (getting picked last). I think you've hit science before, but dissections, mixing chemicals, engineering...it's all so much fun. And yes, math
Don't forget music lessons!
I <3 alts!

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 09:33 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirdthestrill View Post
Don't forget music lessons!
Shoot! I actually had that on my mental list - didn't write it down fast enough lol. Yes! Music lessons!

(Bright, feel completely free to ignore any and all of my random ramblings, hehe.)
---------------

Irongut
11.30.2012 , 05:43 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Spoiler
What age do you think they are? This is daycare, not school, so lessons would be along the line of A is for Apple, B is for Blaster, C is for Chiss... Science, engineering, discussion of history being anything but literal truth are all far too advanced.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 06:23 AM | #369
Ahaha! I love the suggestions, even when I'm being lazy/unable to think of more than two or three lines at a time.

I keep ages ambiguous for freedom of 'whatever I want,' but certain children are way, way ahead of the learning curve. Talos springs to mind. I imagine that any sophisticated discussion of the various accounts of history would devolve into hair-pulling and attempted mouth-duct-taping pretty fast.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.30.2012 , 12:11 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ahaha! I love the suggestions, even when I'm being lazy/unable to think of more than two or three lines at a time.

I keep ages ambiguous for freedom of 'whatever I want,' but certain children are way, way ahead of the learning curve. Talos springs to mind. I imagine that any sophisticated discussion of the various accounts of history would devolve into hair-pulling and attempted mouth-duct-taping pretty fast.
Duct tape solves all things! (Well, duct tape and WD-40 )
---------------