Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
11.26.2012 , 07:22 AM | #2261
Striges, I loved both pieces! Even though I haven't played the story, you made it come alive with the countdown for the agent. And Rixik, all his life experience has shown him that everything has a price, but I think he's found one person who's price he just can't pay.

In light of all the math stories, this one is on the Home Ec prompt- continuing the Mir/Corso story. No spoilers, about 700 words.

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
11.26.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2262
@Magdalane, your Home Ec had me grinning like an idiot.

@Striges, spring flowers burning in a bonfire of autumn leaves is exactly perfect for Jaesa, Varrel, and the sensory descriptions of the leadup. Bravo. As for Jurial, I can really see Jedi masters admonishing their students against lacy underthings. Then scrambling to explain why they know about their students' lacy underthings. And Rixik and Andalar, how rare to see Rixik matched against a decent guy. The circles he moves in, you don't meet that many to contrast against. As for Sha'ra'zaed, the countdown analysis was excellent. As is the thought, at the end, that she's being penalized because she didn't prioritize the 'right' things.

@Fino: Quinn. Calculations. Models. Bizarrely, this mindset is one of the times when I sympathize most with him. (Yes the math prompt was my idea.)

@Tatile, Rochester and Broan talking it through. <3 I wholeheartedly approve of the coziness of doing paperwork and being terribly, terribly ordinary. And hugging.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.26.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2263
Striges
Quote:
As Jurial pulled a very lacy, very feminine undergarment out of the pile and quickly passed it down the line to one of the female padawans to be folded, he was not at all sure this was such a good idea.
I laughed entirely too loud at this line. Entirely.

And I loved the countdown mixed in with Sha'ra'zaed's thought process. One of the harder decisions in the IA story, no doubt.

Mag
D'awwwww, they make me happy, those two do.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
11.26.2012 , 09:28 PM | #2264
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Risha smiled as she saw them from the hallway, and turned to Guss. “Better get used to doing the dishes. I think our cook just got promoted.”
This was adorable. I love this line, in no small part because I can hear Risha saying it in a fake stage-whisper to Gus. Corso and Miriah ignore them completely.

Thanks so much for the complements on everything. For my Agent, I was also trying to set up Act 2, hence my choice of Keeper, etc. I'll have to post a pic of Jurial as soon as he gets off Tython with some nicer gear and no longer looks like Shrek in a bathrobe (so around level 50?).

Striges
11.27.2012 , 12:03 AM | #2265
Sigh, double posting again.

Prompt: Home Ec

Title: Taking Out the Trash

Characters: Rixik, Gault, Skadge

Occurs directly after Economics 101. Spoilers for BH Belsavis. Not quite 530 words.

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Magdalane
11.27.2012 , 06:01 AM | #2266
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
I'll have to post a pic of Jurial as soon as he gets off Tython with some nicer gear and no longer looks like Shrek in a bathrobe (so around level 50?).
And then, just when you think you might get decent looking stuff, you get oven mitts for your arms! Loved the Home Ec piece, but I really think he'd have trouble pulling the trigger himself on Kirya. You can see how slippery he's become, though. Nicely done!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
11.27.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2267
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
And then, just when you think you might get decent looking stuff, you get oven mitts for your arms!
*sob*

LogicLoup
11.27.2012 , 09:56 AM | #2268
Long Division (Maneera Sindri, do the math)
Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
11.27.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2269
Ah, putting Skadge on highly-disposable duty. I approve.

Logic, the checking of the confirmed survivor/confirmed dead ID lists was wrenching. Well done.

Now, the AU thread has been devouring my brain with math, but here I'll put some Home Economics: Coziness for Colran Niral. 500 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
11.27.2012 , 11:43 AM | #2270
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post

Notes:
Spoiler
It was great because it was so real, meeting new people is awkward, I only know three people who have no problems striking up a conversation with a stranger, one of them is my three year old son.