Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc/Commando changes on PTS

Jherad
11.25.2012 , 05:01 PM | #1
As the last thread was moved, I've created a new one to discuss the new changes to Mercenary/Commando on the PTS - Patch 1.6.

Ie. none.

/discuss.

Edit: I see the Assassin Manifesto thread is still going strong. Good job mods - went to the same school of 'pick random stuff to change' as the devs I see.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Banegio
11.25.2012 , 05:15 PM | #2
Hmmmm

I guess that makes Merc/Commando in the same boat with hellokitty? Neither has change in the pts.

Jherad
11.25.2012 , 05:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
Hmmmm

I guess that makes Merc/Commando in the same boat with hellokitty? Neither has change in the pts.
And they're both about as competitive in PvP.
Youtube / Twitch

SammuelSK
11.25.2012 , 07:30 PM | #4
Yeah, its good to see that Bioware is way more into hiding feedback threads, then fixing the actual class.

So guess merc remains broken into the next year, lolsmash continues on as is, bubblestuns are working as intended and the devs continue with pretty *********** boneheaded descisions.

AKA a year from launch, and one F2P conversion later not a thing has changed.
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

cashogy
11.25.2012 , 08:43 PM | #5
i will repost my thread shortly

edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...88#post5472588

that link is the thread with all suggested changes. while i appreciate the change for a fresh discussion (dispute over instant cast tracer missile / power shot took up quite a bit of time ), this is not something that can just be swept under the rug. 17 pages, 4000+ views. to say it is not an issue the community cares about would be a straight up lie

veyl
11.26.2012 , 12:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SammuelSK View Post
Yeah, its good to see that Bioware is way more into hiding feedback threads, then fixing the actual class.

So guess merc remains broken into the next year, lolsmash continues on as is, bubblestuns are working as intended and the devs continue with pretty *********** boneheaded descisions.

AKA a year from launch, and one F2P conversion later not a thing has changed.
You say hiding, the rest of community says "IT GOES WHERE IT BELONGS." None of this talk belongs here on the PTS. There are no changes to the class therefore both of these threads (And the one that got moved appropriately) do not BELONG here.

We're all very aware that Bioware neglects the class feedback threads but ffs this isn't the place for it.

cashogy
11.26.2012 , 01:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
You say hiding, the rest of community says "IT GOES WHERE IT BELONGS." None of this talk belongs here on the PTS. There are no changes to the class therefore both of these threads (And the one that got moved appropriately) do not BELONG here.

We're all very aware that Bioware neglects the class feedback threads but ffs this isn't the place for it.
/facepalm

18 pages, over 5,000 views, and you were the only person to post "this thread should be in the BH forum".

considering the proximity of your post and the time it got moved, i would wager that you reported it.

/golfclap

Kalifus
11.26.2012 , 01:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post

Everyone look....we finally get to see the rest of the community. This game must suck if you're the community.

Jherad
11.26.2012 , 02:13 PM | #9
I'd encourage everyone to go and post in Cash's thread rather than here now please:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5472588

At least until it gets moved again.
Youtube / Twitch

Karquile
11.26.2012 , 02:16 PM | #10
Nevertheless, there is a Suggestion Box subforum under General Discussion and that's the place for "Please make changes" threads.

This forum is for discussing new PTS builds. The patch notes are stickied at the top. When and if they make Merc/Commando changes in a future build, you can play them and give feedback here.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300