Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Promised Land [Taris - Spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Promised Land [Taris - Spoilers]

Jediorder's Avatar


Jediorder
12.15.2011 , 01:40 AM | #1
Hot damn, Bioware... You actually got me kinda emotional during Chasing History
(The Promised Land quest)

The whole damn scenario is heartbreaking...
The Outcasts of Undercity I proudly helped in Kotor deserved their future
They die out tragically by Rakghouls, while their oppressive goverment sleep tightly in their carbonite beds. It's unfair!

....Tack-sick radie-achon...

/cry
"Fight ferociously. And if you die, take as many as you can with you." -Zuka

Bone_Machine's Avatar


Bone_Machine
12.15.2011 , 01:43 AM | #2
Aww that is kinda sad. But I honestly didn't expect their story to end happily since the entire planet was bombed to glass 30 minutes after we showed them the way to the promised land.
Here Comes The Arm

Urantia's Avatar


Urantia
12.15.2011 , 01:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jediorder View Post
Hot damn, Bioware... You actually got me kinda emotional during Chasing History
(The Promised Land quest)

The whole damn scenario is heartbreaking...
The Outcasts of Undercity I proudly helped in Kotor deserved their future
They die out tragically by Rakghouls, while their oppressive goverment sleep tightly in their carbonite beds. It's unfair!

....Tack-sick radie-achon...

/cry
Taris is awesome...I love that planet.
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
11.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jediorder View Post
Hot damn, Bioware... You actually got me kinda emotional during Chasing History
(The Promised Land quest)

The whole damn scenario is heartbreaking...
The Outcasts of Undercity I proudly helped in Kotor deserved their future
They die out tragically by Rakghouls, while their oppressive goverment sleep tightly in their carbonite beds. It's unfair!

....Tack-sick radie-achon...

/cry
The saddest part is...
They've had more than 14 Firsts among their people, definitely spanning multiple generations, and mention loosing only few people to the Rakghouls during a big part of that period. Now let's say each First guided the people for about 10 years. Some shorter, but some definitely longer as well, so I'd say 10 years is probably a conservative estimate.
That means they survived for about 140 years. If the avarage lifespan of the Firsts was a bit longer, like, 20 years leading the group, which isn't too wild a guess either, though nearing the upper limit, then they survived for about 280 years even. Which basically means: that they missed the recolonization of the planet by only a few years
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
11.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #5
Wow, they missed recolonization by 30 years?

STUPID RAKGHOULS!

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
11.24.2012 , 04:47 PM | #6
It's a shame they didn't capitalize more on stuff Kotor fans cared about. Dantoiine was such a focal planet in both games yet it's shining with it's absence. Telos? Nada.

Yet we get places like Hoth and Tatooine that are essentially wastelands with no real point to them. I mean, sure Tatooine has potential what with it being an ancient Rakata world and stuff but still, it's a ball of sand.

I get it that they don't want to make this a kotor game but it's what people want. Look at the amount of threads there are about Revan. No one really cares about the Emperor or the Dread Masters. They have no character, just evil for the sake of an evil opponent. Dull. As for the pubs? Apart from Satele, none of the Republic leaders have any presence or meaning anywhere, just the occasional holo with them ranting about how evil you are for drowning puppies or whatever.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.24.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
It's a shame they didn't capitalize more on stuff Kotor fans cared about. Dantoiine was such a focal planet in both games yet it's shining with it's absence. Telos? Nada.

Yet we get places like Hoth and Tatooine that are essentially wastelands with no real point to them. I mean, sure Tatooine has potential what with it being an ancient Rakata world and stuff but still, it's a ball of sand.

I get it that they don't want to make this a kotor game but it's what people want. Look at the amount of threads there are about Revan. No one really cares about the Emperor or the Dread Masters. They have no character, just evil for the sake of an evil opponent. Dull. As for the pubs? Apart from Satele, none of the Republic leaders have any presence or meaning anywhere, just the occasional holo with them ranting about how evil you are for drowning puppies or whatever.
It's possible we will se Dantooine in the future. We may also get to run around on Telos and other planets, or have mentions of them here and there. As for the characters...It is 300 years AFTER KOTOR, so many of the Imperial and Republic leaders will be unknowns to us. Quite honestly I want less mention of Revan, not more. The game is not a year old yet. We will get more planets in the future. Some will be the planets from the KOTOR games.

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
11.24.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
It's possible we will se Dantooine in the future. We may also get to run around on Telos and other planets, or have mentions of them here and there. As for the characters...It is 300 years AFTER KOTOR, so many of the Imperial and Republic leaders will be unknowns to us. Quite honestly I want less mention of Revan, not more. The game is not a year old yet. We will get more planets in the future. Some will be the planets from the KOTOR games.
I don't care about Revan either. That was not the point. As far as new characters go, ti's not that they are new, it's that they are inconsequential and boring.

If you've played through pub corellia, you'll know that you just cut through 3 dark council members as if they were nothing. Tell me, why was the war so terrible again? These guys are pushovers.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.