Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

did they nerf the drop rates in cartel packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
did they nerf the drop rates in cartel packs?

Feztonio
11.23.2012 , 11:57 PM | #1
the first day or 2 i was getting mounts, weapons and crystals. now i get the same packs and it's a bunch of worthless crap like space xp boosts, republic banners and red eye fluffy junk. it went from useful items to junk in the span of a week. am i just horribly unlucky ( i went 4/4 with the first 2 packs getting 3 weapons, a crystal, and 2 mounts) the day 1.5 went live. fast forward a week and with 5/5 packs opened its been all junk, crap and xp boosts.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Jableson
11.24.2012 , 12:05 AM | #2
I think you were just lucky the first time around. I have never recieved anything of serious value in these packs yet.

Knightsire
11.24.2012 , 01:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
the first day or 2 i was getting mounts, weapons and crystals. now i get the same packs and it's a bunch of worthless crap like space xp boosts, republic banners and red eye fluffy junk. it went from useful items to junk in the span of a week. am i just horribly unlucky ( i went 4/4 with the first 2 packs getting 3 weapons, a crystal, and 2 mounts) the day 1.5 went live. fast forward a week and with 5/5 packs opened its been all junk, crap and xp boosts.
Yes, it seems that way for me as well. Opened three in a row tonight and got complete crap with no rares. I usually get at least one decent thing per pack. Chance at something good seems to be lower now and will wait before buying more.

Feztonio
11.24.2012 , 01:53 AM | #4
Guess i'm not buying anymore as i don't need xp boosts and the banners or 'red sithy eyes' aren't worth 360 coins each. oh well, at least i got a couple mounts and a pink-purple crystal and my Hk has the sniper rifle and my smuggler has the boba fett carbine for corso to use (i equpped it before i figured out that it would revert to BOE after a set amount of time).
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

EATtheDEAD
11.24.2012 , 02:07 AM | #5
i'm still getting good things. last night i got two pink'purple crystals, darth nihilus mask, and a few mounts.
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

pilotrochester
11.24.2012 , 02:14 AM | #6
hmm. I just bought 3, and got two mounts, a pink/purple crystal and adaptive pants/boots (along with exp boosts and the like). Needless to say, my Inquisitor is pretty stoked right about now. So, bad luck maybe?

pilotrochester
11.24.2012 , 02:22 AM | #7
double post