Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Key and account joining issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Security Key and account joining issue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MobiusMOAB
11.23.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1
I have searched this thread and have not seen this question ever answered even though it appears to be asked a few times. I have loaded the SWTOR key app on my tablet and it appears to be working normally except it asks for a serial number and activation code. I can't find these numbers anywhere in my account options or on the app itself. Google searches bring me here to topics that haven't been answered. I also cannot find steps to connect a mobile key at all. All the instruction want to you buy the physical key which I don't need to do. Where can I find these numbers to enter into the app. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Beesodd
11.23.2012 , 10:19 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi MobiusMOAB,

This link should help: https://account.swtor.com/user/sqa-i.../security-key/

You'll be asked to follow a few steps, and should then be provided with the code.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MobiusMOAB
11.24.2012 , 12:37 AM | #3
1. I've been to that page a number of times, reading it each time thinking I missed something. The good news is that I found out the problem.

2. You have to do this with Internet Explorer. I am running IE 9 on a 64-bit Win7 machine. I normally use Chrome and the page that shows you the options of the mobile versus the physical key would not come up. Instead, it would bring up the page for the physical key and there was no option to go to the mobile key page. I never saw this anywhere. I do have the key associated now and it appears to be working normally.

**** When attaching a security key (physical or mobile), always use Internet Explorer. That part of SWTOR's accounts page doesn't work properly with other browsers. ****

PS: I hope that browser support will improve. IE is the weakest browser out there right now. Chrome and Firefox are more than capable of handling this kind of webpage, if coded properly.

MobiusMOAB
11.24.2012 , 12:38 AM | #4
However, I do appreciate the quick response. I didn't realize you had responded so quickly. I would recommend that you mention the whole IE thing on any questions related to joining security keys to accounts.

Beesodd
11.24.2012 , 12:46 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the update and further info. I'll definitely remember to include this if it comes up again.

We had tested it with Firefox and IE earlier, so didn't think to try Chrome at the time.

Anyway, thanks again and enjoy the game.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support