Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like no refund for EA/BIOWARE speeder unlock issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Looks like no refund for EA/BIOWARE speeder unlock issue

ElvisLegShaker
11.23.2012 , 11:28 PM | #11
I would be willing to bet that the majority of those complaining about this issue are only telling half the story. I would bet that the majority of those complaining bought the item after the note was placed on the launcher and/or website.

They just didn't bother to read.

(though, I can understand the frustration if they placed it on the website before placing it in the launcher - since a lot of folks probably don't visit the website as much).

They have the logs. They can see when the item was bought vs when the notice was placed. If you are not getting a refund, I would venture a guess that the item was bought after the notice was placed.

That being said.. I do think it is in poor taste (issues like this - losing real money, not issues like, "oh my gawd.. the server is down. Someone owes me something! Give it to me! Now!") if the item was actually bought prior to the notice being placed and they will not refund the coins _AND _ the coins used were purchased.

However ... keep in mind - if those coins used were from being a sub they are/were a GIFT. You didn't actually purchase anything.
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)

SimonJ
11.24.2012 , 12:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ElvisLegShaker View Post
I would be willing to bet that the majority of those complaining about this issue are only telling half the story. I would bet that the majority of those complaining bought the item after the note was placed on the launcher and/or website.

They just didn't bother to read.

(though, I can understand the frustration if they placed it on the website before placing it in the launcher - since a lot of folks probably don't visit the website as much).

They have the logs. They can see when the item was bought vs when the notice was placed. If you are not getting a refund, I would venture a guess that the item was bought after the notice was placed.

That being said.. I do think it is in poor taste (issues like this - losing real money, not issues like, "oh my gawd.. the server is down. Someone owes me something! Give it to me! Now!") if the item was actually bought prior to the notice being placed and they will not refund the coins _AND _ the coins used were purchased.

However ... keep in mind - if those coins used were from being a sub they are/were a GIFT. You didn't actually purchase anything.
According to the cash shop ledger

11/16/2012 Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting I