Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i cancel my Subscription?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How do i cancel my Subscription?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LinkyTriforce
11.23.2012 , 03:39 AM | #1
It says i have 21 days left on my subscription and that my account will be moved to free to play if my subscription and paid game time runs out..

But I do not see a option to cancel it on the subscription page like there use to be(pre-f2p) but it also says on the main "dash board" that my next billing date will be on december 14th.

I would like to be able to cancel my subscription before the 14th thank you very much. (it might just be me that can't see it, if so please enlighten me to where it is located)

Esron
11.23.2012 , 03:51 AM | #2
Hmm after looking through everything there is to look through, i can see its not only you.
It seems that they have made a clever scheme and removed the sub canceling procedure from the page..
So basicly, its not possible to cancel your sub by any other means than removing credit card info and pulling out your founds from your bank account so they cant deduct a fee....

What a lame way to get more money from people....

EDIT: delete your credit card info will cancel your sub ! I just did it ( ive just had it with this company ) so you can do it like that ( i hope )

Current Subscription:
One Month Recurring Subscription
Next billing date:
Subscription Canceled
Payment method:
NONE

Ellif
11.23.2012 , 04:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkyTriforce View Post
it might just be me that can't see it, if so please enlighten me to where it is located)
https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription

Near the very bottom of the page on the right hand side
The true quarry of any great adventurer is the undiscovered territory of their own soul

LinkyTriforce
11.23.2012 , 04:23 AM | #4
on my subscription page there is nothing called "cancel" for me. Only "show payment history" and "add game time code".

I've deleted my credit card and everything, but on "My SWTOR" it still says next billing date is december 14th.

Ellif
11.23.2012 , 04:36 AM | #5
on my subscription page there is nothing called "cancel" for me. Only "show payment history" and "add game time code".
Odd.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5699/csub.png

That's what I get. You're definitely on a monthly subscription plan and not game time card?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies or a different browser?

Normally I'd suggest calling, but the wait time on hold and quality of support at the end seems to be very hit and miss lately. You might need to though to get it canceled if it still won't show up.
The true quarry of any great adventurer is the undiscovered territory of their own soul

LinkyTriforce
11.23.2012 , 05:27 AM | #6
I've never used a gamecard for any game in my life. Only credit cards.

My subscription page doesn't have the last feature.

http://imageshack.us/f/824/subk.jpg/

Edit:

And yes, i've tried to clear all history and cookiees on my current browser and i even tried with IE and it was the same

Beruthien
11.23.2012 , 05:30 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings LinkyTriforce,

The best thing to do in this situation would be to contact our phone support. The agents will be able to assist you with cancelling the subscription.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Menzoberanza
11.23.2012 , 05:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings LinkyTriforce,

The best thing to do in this situation would be to contact our phone support. The agents will be able to assist you with cancelling the subscription.

Thank you!
You forgot to add one thing ... You will waste hours while being put on hold ....
R.I.P. .

Ellif
11.23.2012 , 05:48 AM | #9
My subscription page doesn't have the last feature.

http://imageshack.us/f/824/subk.jpg/
The only other difference I can see is that none of the subscription plan options show as "subscribed" on your screenshot. Was really hoping it could be sorted for you without having to deal with their phone support. While sometimes you can get lucky and get through ok to a rep who can sort it other times it's as much help as reading comments on youtube videos.

Tatile
11.23.2012 , 05:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings LinkyTriforce,

Thank you!
So, we're no longer allowed to cancel via the website anymore? Why?

Edit: Before people yell at me, the cancel button does show up under my account, but then I'm just a lucky sod.