Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the timer and make an instance for Nightmare Pilgrim!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Remove the timer and make an instance for Nightmare Pilgrim!

Orlesian
10.30.2012 , 05:27 PM | #1
So, today was the first time me and my guild got our guild together to take on Nightmare Pilgrim, for most of us it was our first time. We were the first guild there and the boss was up, and since it was our first time we wiped a few times but each time we got closer to taking them down. After a while another guild came and stood there watching us, after another wipe they took the chance and took on the boss. They killed him and when they did we also received the debuff that makes you unable to approach the boss again in a couple of days, even though we just stood in the distance watching them. This is really annoying since it can take time for us to assemble and when someone kills the boss the item you need to use goes to waste. And if other coordinated guilds kill him all the time (Since most have it all learned) we never get the chance to kill him. This causes stress and annoyance.

Since those who kill Nightmare Pilgrim cannot battle him again in a couple of days, why not just remove the timer entirely to let everyone have a chance? Waiting for big bosses like this where you need a good, large group is one of the worst things. So I would suggest to remove the timer entirely to let more guilds have the chance so not all guilds running around in Campaign/Dread Guard gear can knock him out while other are still trying to get the kill for quests and the vehicle achievement. And second, have the boss in an instance so guilds can take it on in their own phase. Let us meditate in front of the stone or something and transport us to another place to battle the boss!

Please BioWare... :<
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Hippis
10.31.2012 , 12:36 AM | #2
Totaly agree, we did some trys on NP and when a nother guild kille him we also got the dam debuff. This sucks big time !

Alduinsm
10.31.2012 , 03:58 AM | #3
It's a bug if your op got the debuff even though you were only watching the other guild killed the boss. You should submit a bug ticket if you haven't.
Shin

omikrem
10.31.2012 , 06:24 AM | #4
Yes, I agree with OP. This fight could use some tuning/refinement.

Cypounet
11.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
So, today was the first time me and my guild got our guild together to take on Nightmare Pilgrim, for most of us it was our first time. We were the first guild there and the boss was up, and since it was our first time we wiped a few times but each time we got closer to taking them down. After a while another guild came and stood there watching us, after another wipe they took the chance and took on the boss. They killed him and when they did we also received the debuff that makes you unable to approach the boss again in a couple of days, even though we just stood in the distance watching them. This is really annoying since it can take time for us to assemble and when someone kills the boss the item you need to use goes to waste. And if other coordinated guilds kill him all the time (Since most have it all learned) we never get the chance to kill him. This causes stress and annoyance.

Since those who kill Nightmare Pilgrim cannot battle him again in a couple of days, why not just remove the timer entirely to let everyone have a chance? Waiting for big bosses like this where you need a good, large group is one of the worst things. So I would suggest to remove the timer entirely to let more guilds have the chance so not all guilds running around in Campaign/Dread Guard gear can knock him out while other are still trying to get the kill for quests and the vehicle achievement. And second, have the boss in an instance so guilds can take it on in their own phase. Let us meditate in front of the stone or something and transport us to another place to battle the boss!

Please BioWare... :<
Totally agree with you there and it was mentionned lots of times on the PTS but again BW didn't listen.
But something really "funny" happened the last time we tried it.

Basically we were 1 group of reps and 1 of imps trying to kill it, taking turns after each wipes.
After a while we noticed a sorcerer running around naked while the imp group was fighting the boss which was a bit weird at first.
But after watching more closely it turned out that he wasn't in the group that was fighting the boss but was reviving fallen members of the group by having the alphawave inhibitor buff.
Considering he was out of combat he could revive the tanks that were dying because of gore debuff or the dps that kept attacking the Thing after they got the blood mark.

Personally I'm not gonna give the guild name or players name, I don't care how people choose to play the game but I don't think that's fair for other people/guilds that don't have 16 man upfront for it and take time to gather people around and also for people that are trying it "the proper way".

We can all see now that: No BW, not everything works as intended...

I don't think BW intented for that kind of exploit too.
So again BW should listen more to the comments on PTS, I don't think it should take much to put the Nightmare Pilgrim in an instance where only 16 people would be allowed to enter and would solve also more problems like the huge lags when you have a lot of groups around.
It would be like EC you have 1 group per instance and it gives everyone the chance to kill it at any given time and not having to wait for turns/respawn.

I guess that revealing this exploit might give other people ideas but if it makes BW fix a couple of things on this boss well might as well do it.
THE RED ECLIPSE
Leģa Jedi Sentinel 55 Leļa'na Jedi Shadow 55
Leļana Scoundrel 55 Leļa'ra Sith Juggernaut 55
Ta'vion Sith Sorcerer 55

Orlesian
11.22.2012 , 06:53 PM | #6
Late reply but better later than never. I am glad that I am not alone in wanting this. Really, no one enjoys how NMP works right now.

And wow to that exploit... never seen it myself and I hope most people do not use it! Fight fair!
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse