Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Visual Effect on Shield Absorptions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Visual Effect on Shield Absorptions

Chaori
11.22.2012 , 05:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
Here you go... quick search finds me a reasonably decent video example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quFAQiR5Now&t=100

At 1:58 the mob deals the first melee blow, and that attack is Shielded. Notice the blue bubble around the tank.
Have never seen this on my Assassin tank.

ElitehunterDS
11.22.2012 , 05:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
I did see a lot back before they nerfed the Charge dancing, for when i was soloing Heroic at 50, you could miss it because of Dark Ward.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

seven_deadlies
11.22.2012 , 05:35 PM | #13
You've gotta make sure you are in the right stance, for one thing.

Just equipping a Shield isn't enough. You also have to turn on Dark Charge, before your toon will even try to Shield. Then when you get it, using Dark Ward will increase the chances of Shielding for the duration.

Kleryk
11.22.2012 , 08:52 PM | #14
Yeah, there already is a visual effect for that, but it's not impressive. I still don't feel like a tank that can take powerful pounding before going down. Some more flashy(and fleshy!) shield animation with cool sound would be awesome.
At least I have chicken.

Chaori
11.23.2012 , 06:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
You've gotta make sure you are in the right stance, for one thing.

Just equipping a Shield isn't enough. You also have to turn on Dark Charge, before your toon will even try to Shield. Then when you get it, using Dark Ward will increase the chances of Shielding for the duration.
Lol.. I've been tanking for 10 months in end-game, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right charge and aware of how Assassin cooldowns work. But yeah, thanks for the tips.

Idiot.

seven_deadlies
11.23.2012 , 11:03 AM | #16
Lol.. I've been tanking for 10 months in end-game, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right charge and aware of how Assassin cooldowns work. But yeah, thanks for the tips.

Idiot.
10 months, and you never noticed the Shield animation...

Maybe its your attitude?

althene
11.24.2012 , 11:54 AM | #17
All the banter aside, I think it would be nice for the color crystal in your shield generator to actully apply a color as well as the stat boost. Apply it so the brief shield bubble mechanic for shielding and have it change the color of the guard ability when applied. It shouldn't be that hard to do, but it definitely shouldn't be very high on anyone's priority list. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually and then we'll all have beefy manly tanks running around throwing pink and purple bubbles on averyone

LordDakir
11.24.2012 , 01:03 PM | #18
Maybe you have a ****** gfx card and you don't notice the shield effect..

Jawstheshark
11.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #19
Would love to see/hear this!

althene
11.24.2012 , 01:57 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleryk View Post
Yeah, there already is a visual effect for that, but it's not impressive. I still don't feel like a tank that can take powerful pounding before going down. Some more flashy(and fleshy!) shield animation with cool sound would be awesome.
I agree that the effect isn't all that impressive, especially when there are lots of effects going off on or near you. However, on my juggy, all that I fealt I was doing was taking a powerful pounding before going down since they can soak SO MUCH damage. I actually had to keep checking to see if my shield was equipped because it always looked like I was just taking the shots to my face unmitigated. I think having the shield effect change color based on the crystal used would go a long way to getting rid of that feeling since that light blue is sometimes pretty tough to see when it goes off.