Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Server Transfer

LegendaryBlade
11.22.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1
How is this not already a thing anyway? Self explanatory, the ability to pay to move a character from one server to another

TheNevet
11.23.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
*** Bioware, we know you have the tech, we had transfers before the server merges. Why don't we have them now?
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

LoreleiLebal
11.28.2012 , 11:32 PM | #3
**BUMP**

As I understood it, BioWare made the option to move servers so players on less populated servers can go to more populated servers and still be able to enjoy the full game experience with other people. Since they reduced the amount of servers, the North American ones that are left are all no less than HEAVY in the population field. I'm guessing that's why they got rid of the transfer option. The original reason for the transfers has been eliminated, therefore no more need for the transfers. I understand this logic.

However.

Some of us would like to be able to transfer our characters to the servers of our choosing. I, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, do not want my characters spread across the server list. You have proven that it is possible, but you have taken the option away. An answer as to why would be great (ie It's too much of a server load, it's causing issues with the coding, etc etc).

Thanks.

Piewalker_AK
11.29.2012 , 06:45 AM | #4
The least BW could do, is to give their (subscribed) clients with characters on different servers, the opportunity to merge them on 1 server of their choice where they already have characters.

Sound complicated, but it isnt really anything else than they have done before. So this example:

2 characters on Server X
3 characters on Server Y
1 character on Server Z

=> Get all characters (total 6) on Server X, Y OR Z

Should BW decide on making this a paid service, I would galdly pay. Alternatively, this operation could be funded with Cartel Coins.
Luminara (Sage) / Ghedina (Guardian) / Nyráh (Sentinel)
So they're using the planet's resources to make changing gear sound nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXI78224lYY