Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering crew skills - gather to cargo hold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Gathering crew skills - gather to cargo hold

Veovis
11.22.2012 , 03:26 AM | #1
Please put in a "gather to cargo hold" function. Companions can already craft items from materials stored in the hold, why can't they automatically deposit athered materials there, too (space permitting)? I can understand active companion / in-the-field gathering going to inventory, but companions going out on gathering missions should be able to gather to the hold.
If we don't start soon, George Lucas is gonna change it again
-- Howard Wolowitz

Arhdyavol
11.22.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
/signed

althene
11.22.2012 , 10:35 AM | #3
Make it so.

Oops, wrong universe..

Um... I got nothing.. the line still applies.

seven_deadlies
11.22.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
I've wondered the same thing since the beginning...

I could understand if I told my current pet to craft something, they return to me when they're done. They could bring the item back with them.

When I tell my crew back on the ship to craft stuff, how are they teleporting the items straight into my pockets?

Loladarulz
11.23.2012 , 08:43 AM | #5
Also, can we store crafting materials somewhere else - not in inventory we have now. Implement some kind of specialized crafting item/materials inventory department where these items are stored automatically.

seven_deadlies
11.23.2012 , 11:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
Also, can we store crafting materials somewhere else - not in inventory we have now. Implement some kind of specialized crafting item/materials inventory department where these items are stored automatically.
Nah, that's inspiration to buy more Bank slots.

I have 1 Bank tab entirely dedicated to crafting materials, lol

Aital
11.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #7
Galaxies used to do special belts that did not have combat abilities. They were even crafted per specilization for to support crafters. They then held special equipment like crystals etc. Could be nice for crafters.

You could also add an extra cargo hold only for crafting materials so it goes there by default. I would love that also personally.

sirrak
01.14.2013 , 07:47 PM | #8
I'd like to add an suggetion to this for gathering and mission skills at 400, make it so that you can send your crew out for a set amount of time for a type and grade of material, every few minutes it does a roll to see if they have found anything and how many they have found. So you can set your crew to gather underworld metals grade 3 for 10 hours and at the end of that time they return with about the same as if you had spent all that time recycling the crew member on the missions.

spectreclees
01.14.2013 , 07:50 PM | #9
Make a "collectibles" tab where all your mats get stacked into a nice convenient area and you got yourself a deal.

(Yes, I'm pulling a page from GW2 because it's a really great system for mats.)