Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you think more people are going to play because of the free-to-play option?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you think more people are going to play because of the free-to-play option?

AshlaBoga
11.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #21
I found the F2P restrictions acceptable.

The biggest issue is the 2 QB limit, but as you can see here - - that's not really a pre-Operation issue.

Here's the proof: pudding
As you can plainly see, you can beat AC3 on an Imperial Agent without an advanced class and at level 49 no less.
As you don't need 3 QBs unless you select an AC, this proves that you can beat Act 3 without a 3rd QB.

There's also a vid of a Jedi Knight (with no AC) soloing the Sith Emperor WITHOUT a companion. That's actually more impressive than beating Hunter at level 49.

A Smuggler/Agent is the class that is considered to need 3 QBs more than the others - I know that a Warrior/Knight and an Inquisitor/Consular doesn't need 3 since I play all 4 ACs (and let's face it, Powertechs/Vanguards don't even need 2 QBs).

So basically, everyone who says you NEED 3 Quickbars to beat Act 3? They're WRONG!!!!

P.S: The proof is in the pudding
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Crizzapp
11.22.2012 , 03:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
There will always be those that manage. Those that like the game will stay, and more will come.
+1

No one can tell the future. I came back after being greatly dissappointed and now I am having a great time. Others will come back and as will the addition of new players who want to check it out. Some will leave and some will stay. For the question asked there is no other answer.

-Me-
11.22.2012 , 03:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LonHawk View Post
My question to the last post, if you were subbed and enjoy the game, y aren't you re subbing?
To answer that, I steered clear of this game until the box price went to nothing and I was bored and I really am a huge Star Wars fan. I kept up with all the nay saying after launch and I agreed with how this game under-preforms. After the price drop, I convinced myself it might be worth it until it goes F2P and all I will have to worry about is future content and cosmetics. My bad assuming this game will mimic other games and only charge for future cosmetics and content.

All I've been doing is leveling, the lack of openness after leveling is not appealing to me at all but neither is restricting such tribal aspects for the F2P person. Now that F2P is here and end game is lacking to me and the leveling is starting to get boringly repetitive without a extended break from it, I cant justify a subscription any longer. I wouldn't last much longer if there was no F2P I think and I see no signs of EA "getting it" over end game.
Allow me to use my own avatar and signature, I'll think about it. Oh wait...

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 04:02 PM | #24
Well a friend of mine that used to sub is going to come back to the game because he enjoys the stories. I also have some other friends that are going to try SWTOR for the first time since its free.

Andryah
11.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
No, not really. I figure the freeloaders will swoop in, take advantage, and then the locusts will go away.
They did that at launch.. bought the game.. played the free 30 days... and moved on.

Some may come back now.... but the locusts are the MMO hoppers.. and they hopped after their 30 days were up.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.