Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

Aebrynis
11.22.2012 , 04:01 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
LOL!

Yes, huge waste. Why? All the stuff that you're probably going to get is already on the GTN for 20-50K credits, the market is flooded. The rare stuff is there for a couple million, which is probably how many dollars you're going to spend on cartel coins trying to get one out of a pack any way.

Use your coins for the things that you are sure of what you're getting (and and can't get on the market).

I used mine to give all my toons the ability to ride level 3 speeders, because I refused to pay the amount of credits they extort out of you to train the skills. Think about it, you can pay about 400K credits to use a level 3 bike, or 40K credits + 450 coins per character... and I started with like 3K coins so we'll just call that "free". Next I bought them all a cartel market speeder for about 40 or 50K right off the GTN, rather than paying 150K - 200K from a vendor or for crafted one.

ALL Legacy perks are (in my opinion) much cheaper in cartel cash than they are in credits, and all of the items are super cheap on the GTN... for me that wasn't even a decision I had to think about.

And let's face it there's nothing in those packs that you need that you can't already get somewhere else. It's all about the pretty colors with the cartel market, non of it is "must have" stuff.
This. ^

There are a couple of things in the Pack that I'd like - but since I can't be assured of getting them, I keep a lookout on the GTN. If they aren't available, or if the seller thinks the worth of the items is considerably more than it actually is, then I will do without. It IS that simple.

I've bought a couple of racial unlocks (as I am far too lazy to level a race/class combination that doesn't interest me just to make one that does), but that's really all I've seen that's unquestionably worth the CC outlay. Until they introduce CC-payable server transfers, I'm guessing my Cartel Coins will just continue to accumulate. Pity that they don't accrue interest.

Stansman
11.22.2012 , 05:50 PM | #32
The pack that I opened that had two consumable items in it and nothing else was certainly a waste but they are my only real chance of obtaining the ultra rare items I want since I doubt theyll ever appear on my servers GTN.

LordDakir
11.22.2012 , 05:53 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I pay 13 bucks for my sub- I get 6 dollars worth of cartel coins a month. Means my sub is pretty much 7 bucks for full access to the game- why should I be entitled to even more cartel coins?

Good lord, the entitlement generation is out in full swing- you're now getting the exact same content you were before the game went f2p- PLUS 600 cartel coins to waste on gambling, PLUS there's actually people playing the game so you can stop whining about 3 hour queues.
Agreed people need to **** and be grateful the game even exists for them to slobber all over...

SerowTOR
11.22.2012 , 07:33 PM | #34
To answer the thread title, "Yes".

Andge
11.22.2012 , 07:39 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmanarl View Post
After putting up with your frustrating complaint posts/threads since well before launch, I can't help but feel some bit of smug satisfaction at your misfortune. You gambled and lost. Sorry you made that choice.
You're a lousy person. Hope you realise that.

Andge
11.22.2012 , 07:42 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDakir View Post
Agreed people need to **** and be grateful the game even exists for them to slobber all over...
Be grateful? Is SWTOR some kind of religion to you?

Tatebomb
11.23.2012 , 12:18 AM | #37
If you're opening cartel packs you're doing it wrong. I sold them for over a million each. Of course now since undercutting is crazy they don't go for that anymore but on the flip side all the cool stuff is much cheaper.

I sold 13 packs for 1.1 million creds each. With the undercutting I was able to get a white crystal, throne, etc... For not even half of the creds I made from selling the packs.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

Sobur
11.23.2012 , 12:30 AM | #38
It's a gamble alright. Also i guess bioware considers blue items rare, gotten 2 or 3 packs which only had blue items. Another thing that will make never to buy one again is that they include companion gifts which you can buy cheap on the gtn but consider them rare items. One more reason is the chance to get crafting mats which are also considered rare items, really bioware? No more packs for me.

bahdasz
11.23.2012 , 01:02 AM | #39
Could you imagine how much forum ranting there would be if there was actully worthwhile "rare' stuff in the packs and it really was rare? Boggles the imagination.

Darth-Rammstein
11.23.2012 , 01:23 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatebomb View Post
If you're opening cartel packs you're doing it wrong. I sold them for over a million each. Of course now since undercutting is crazy they don't go for that anymore but on the flip side all the cool stuff is much cheaper.

I sold 13 packs for 1.1 million creds each. With the undercutting I was able to get a white crystal, throne, etc... For not even half of the creds I made from selling the packs.
You must be in the minority, I can't imagine anyone buying cartel packs for over a million credits a pop...that's just stupid. If they had those kind of credits to spend they could have just outright bought the valuable items i.e. the throne,mask,white crystal.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.