Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

starting a new game on smuggler or jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
starting a new game on smuggler or jedi?

jamiemcd
11.22.2012 , 03:40 PM | #1
I'm trying to decide wether to play as a jedi or a smuggler I've completed my sith inquisitor who is already at level 50

JediMarneus
11.22.2012 , 03:42 PM | #2
Jedi Knight storyline is pretty good.
Smuggler I haven't yet gotten past 11 (can't choose between Scoundrel and Gunslinger), so can't say much on that.

astrobearz
11.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #3
well the smuggler suppose to get better after chapter 1, i didnt get that far because the chapter 1 is so yawn

but i heard jedi knight is supposed really good

Lionflash
11.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #4
My honest suggestion will always be, "Play them all in the end."

However, I think the JK has a stronger story accross all 3 acts. While the Smuggler has a strong 1st Act, good 2nd Act and weak 3rd Act. However the Smuggler has the strongest 'character' out of all 8 heroeS.

Draksen
11.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #5
If you like range, go smuggler (gunslinger).
If you like melee, go jedi (knight).
If you want a stealthed class, go smuggler (scoundrel).
If you want to heal, go jedi (consular).
Krypso Draksen, Chevalier de la République
Major Krypho Draksen, Commando d'assaut
Battle Meditation PvE-RP / Europe - français

jamiemcd
11.22.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
so many choices

melodylane
11.22.2012 , 03:57 PM | #7
Smuggler story is a lot of fun for the female since you get so many chances at love affairs. Not sure how this it works for the male version but the female got a lot of chances to cheat on corso. Jedi shadow storyy is boring the game play is bad ***.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Katsuragisama
11.22.2012 , 07:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
Smuggler story is a lot of fun for the female since you get so many chances at love affairs. Not sure how this it works for the male version but the female got a lot of chances to cheat on corso. Jedi shadow storyy is boring the game play is bad ***.
I'll agree for the Shadow part. I played mine when the game launched till lvl 27. It was around that level I logged, deleted him, and made my Assassin. However, since I came back a few friends have been telling me that all of the imps are horrible, so most of them went to play with other friends/competent people. Currently working up my Scoundrel and owning people. Only lvl 19, but cant wait to get atleast Disappearing Act. Then I'll be unstoppable when I get Shoot First. :O
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Juus
11.22.2012 , 08:18 PM | #9
Have to agree about the consular story line.. what a yawner. I'm at level 46 on it.

Jedi Knight story is much better.. feels pretty heroic. I'm at level 49

Smuggler so far has been so so. I'm only at level 30 so hopefully it will pick up. Pretty fun game play though. I like it.
║█║▌│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON157

ChuangTzu
11.22.2012 , 08:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Draksen View Post
If you like range, go smuggler (gunslinger).
If you like melee, go jedi (knight).
If you want a stealthed class, go smuggler (scoundrel).
If you want to heal, go jedi (consular).
Correction:

If you want to heal, go smuggler (scoundrel).

Scoundrel healing is far more fun than sage healing. Better, no. More fun, yes.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu