Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For BioWare from russian community

Spiritinblack
11.22.2012 , 01:41 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Dude, you just being a Debbie Downer. The fact is it won't cost that much nor will it need tons of coding. Plus a voice actor can do more than one voice. Please think before you post
I am not against this.... But the poster you are arguing with is correct.

Unless you want them to just slap some voice overs on the frames they already have.... then sure it might not be too much.

But if you watch, when they talk, it almost matches what they are saying ( I say almost because nothing is perfect)

Yes I would love for them to put this in every lang. and then everyone could be happy about it.

But in reality......... not going to happen. As it would cost WAY too much.

Darth-Henkok
11.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #62
good it was to add support for Russian language query / guild chat

althene
11.22.2012 , 01:44 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
I'll support translation for the Russian community.

Also, did anyone else have a Russian accent in their minds as they were reading this?
Haha, yes on both!

Xatasha
11.22.2012 , 01:48 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritinblack View Post
I am not against this.... But the poster you are arguing with is correct.

Unless you want them to just slap some voice overs on the frames they already have.... then sure it might not be too much.

But if you watch, when they talk, it almost matches what they are saying ( I say almost because nothing is perfect)

Yes I would love for them to put this in every lang. and then everyone could be happy about it.

But in reality......... not going to happen. As it would cost WAY too much.
No he isn't correct. Do you really think a large gaming company doesn't have a studio? Voice over just like a chinese kung fu film. Quick and easy. The idea is to let people understand what is being spoken in their own language. It won't cost that much or do you really think kung fu films spend that much to do simple voice overs?

TwelveofFifteen
11.22.2012 , 02:02 PM | #65
No he isn't correct. Do you really think a large gaming company doesn't have a studio? Voice over just like a chinese kung fu film. Quick and easy. The idea is to let people understand what is being spoken in their own language. It won't cost that much or do you really think kung fu films spend that much to do simple voice overs?
Voice Overs? Gives me bad memories on very bad $1 movies at Wallmart with horrible voices.
it is going to be VERY difficult to do it right. The voices, that would be easy, but the whole script needs to be rewritten because the grammar that is used in the Russian Language (cyrillic)(not to mention all the passives, adjectives, nouns etc...). It will be very expensive. But if there is some Wealthy Russian banker/manager, I am all for it!

Xatasha
11.22.2012 , 02:12 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by TwelveofFifteen View Post
Voice Overs? Gives me bad memories on very bad $1 movies at Wallmart with horrible voices.
it is going to be VERY difficult to do it right. The voices, that would be easy, but the whole script needs to be rewritten because the grammar that is used in the Russian Language (cyrillic)(not to mention all the passives, adjectives, nouns etc...). It will be very expensive. But if there is some Wealthy Russian banker/manager, I am all for it!
Not as expensive as you think. Most everything will be sound files and a little bit of writing for the options you have to pick. See you won't need subtitles with all the voice acting

TwelveofFifteen
11.22.2012 , 03:14 PM | #67
Ugh...I hate to seevids on Youtube where the lips of the toons have ended speaking and the dialog goes on....

Jandi
11.22.2012 , 03:23 PM | #68
LOL! A kung fu film has a ridiculously tiny amount of dialogue compared to SWTOR. Not only that, but the voices are off by MILES and usually done by 3 dudes with different pitches. You should have said from the get go that you want some D rate **** with some crack addict spewing random lines for 2 bucks an hour instead of voice acting.

Luckily for everyone, BioWare still have some pride in their work, and would never release such garbage.

Darth_Bond
11.22.2012 , 11:42 PM | #69
first thing i thought of when i read the title

"From russia, with love"
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

TyrKartelos
11.22.2012 , 11:47 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
I do support what you are saying, but i don't expect it to be full russian, just subtitles and other text.

Though what is stopping you from learning English?
Why should they HAVE to learn english, bet you wouldnt like having to learn German to play a game....