Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR needs Faction Change option.

Dria
11.22.2012 , 01:38 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Alykia View Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic NEEDS to add a faction change, or as someone called it, a 'cross-faction class switch'.

A faction change means that a Sith Warrior would become a become a Jedi Knight, and vice versa. A Smuggler would become an Imperial Agent. However there is also broad support for some classes, such as Trooper and Smuggler, to be able to do a full faction change without changing class.
Simple answer.
No. Go and level another character.
Pen & Paper GM PnP veteran from 1989 Oh and also Gamer(dad)
"It´s always funny until someone gets hurt...
and then it's absolutely friggin´ hysterical!"

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 01:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Dria View Post
Simple answer.
No. Go and level another character.
I would like the long answer on why you are against it.

Thanks
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Joggyb_Bear
12.05.2012 , 02:43 PM | #33
The Faction change could just be as simple as the chance to flip the Light/darkside points to what is desired and then resetting the storyline to the start of the desired empire/republic storyline, as if the character being transferred is say lvl 30, the story will take two seconds to catch up to the level you are. It's a really simple implementation and it could mean a source of income.

I really do hope they take this feature into consideration.

JoeeyyMagzz
12.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
I would like the long answer on why you are against it.

Thanks
How about the one and only reason:
Because if you change factions you will be missing an entire class story. Bioware's main objective with this game is to bring story to MMO's, why in the heck would they allow people to completely skip entire class stories just because they're too lazy to level another toon?

And don't give me the "I don't have time to level another toon," excuse because that is complete bs. If you have time to raid 3-4x per week, or run dailies every single day, or do 9+ warzones/week, then you have time to level a toon to 50.

xShingo
12.05.2012 , 02:54 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Bond View Post
yes story means so much

now check out my sig VV
Your sig doesn't make any sense.
Pulp fiction and Marvel is owned by Disney. The sig didn't explain anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by JabbasHat View Post
Uh...I would like some gear for playing with myself...please?!

Mazikeen
12.05.2012 , 03:09 PM | #36
I'd support a faction change under the following conditions:

Level 50 only to preserve the existing story (and save Bioware a lot of time)
Same advanced class, no AC change
Difficult and/or annoying faction change questline to give said change significant story value
Limited number of changes, per character, for the life of the account
Either the character retains the same companions with a serious affection hit (positive or negative based on the companion) or all companions are wiped and the player has to obtain them via the normal character story questing starting from level 1
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

BlaadG
12.05.2012 , 03:10 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
Because if you change factions you will be missing an entire class story. Bioware's main objective with this game is to bring story to MMO's, why in the heck would they allow people to completely skip entire class stories just because they're too lazy to level another toon?
I haven't heard in my local bakery "No, you can't buy that big bread because you won't eat it all" yet.

Graydon
12.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post

And don't give me the "I don't have time to level another toon," excuse because that is complete bs. If you have time to raid 3-4x per week, or run dailies every single day, or do 9+ warzones/week, then you have time to level a toon to 50.
Who cares how another chooses to play their character. If I level to 50 without ever completing chapter 1, how is that going to affect you or your characters?

NSStember
12.05.2012 , 03:17 PM | #39
This may work in other MMOs that aren't so "story driven", but in this case it's a "story breaker". So I sincerely doubt we'll ever see this (and that makes me happy).

Lugosi
12.05.2012 , 03:40 PM | #40
"We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually. Species is likely as well. Doing a faction switch is considerably more difficult for us, though, due to the various quest flags set throughout the level up process, so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon."
-Damion Schubert

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2...mion-schubert/

Probably won't ever happen. Nor should it imo. I would hope they don't waste resources on this. You chose your faction, if you don't like it, re-roll.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum