Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

danpen's Avatar


danpen
11.16.2012 , 08:54 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Not a rat, a Kowakian monkey-lizard!
The lizard look's cool.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Sneakycheeks's Avatar


Sneakycheeks
11.21.2012 , 10:33 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
I love that Kowakian monkey-lizard , just seeing that face makes me smile.Awesome pet.
I want one! That creature always cracked me up in Return of the Jedi.

Sneakycheeks's Avatar


Sneakycheeks
11.21.2012 , 10:40 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoreris View Post
I can never watch any of the swtor videos on the website......guess I have to wait till somebody uploads on youtube...
Has anybody else been getting low quality and ALOT of buffering and lag with there on site videos?
Nope I've never had that problem while watching the videos on this site.

Sneakycheeks's Avatar


Sneakycheeks
11.21.2012 , 10:47 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by RiversBlack View Post
Stop making the game sillier in an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I hate stupid gimmicks. The rhythm augmentation droid is funny and about as far as it should go; it's stupid to have someone buying a carbonite chamber for himself. The meditation throne should not float around or serve as a vehicle. It'd be fine if it was a static throne for your ship.

Also, cut down on all the shiny gold borders. It looks really cheesy when you log in with a legacy account, and I can see that same kind of nonsense with the borders and cartel icon here.

All of this seems worse than what we had before. Please take this game seriously so it can feel like an immersive world and part of the Star Wars universe we know from the films. You will begin losing serious subscribers if the game devolves into attenion-grabbing gimmicks to the point it distracts from the goal of experiencing the Star Wars universe with a good story and strong gameplay.
I think its funny that people are so upset about the floating throne you can get from the market..saying that is stupid and silly and doesn't fit. Yet Yoda had a floating chair in Episode II ..and I know that many people hate episodes 1-3..but the fact is..hate them or not they are cannon. So there for it makes sense to have a floating throne in the game.

Sneakycheeks's Avatar


Sneakycheeks
11.21.2012 , 10:54 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Wartitans View Post
Hmm I personally don't like the idea of flying chairs... to me the entire idea kills the star wars feel of the game however that being said, if there not liked, don't buy them and problem solved.

An item for sale does not mean you have to buy it. If you dont agree with it don't use it.
For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakycheeks View Post
For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.
While I see your point, there's a difference between a small, modest, floating chair and a massive, big, fat, red thing with the Imperial ensignia projected above it. It simply looks ridiculous.

P.S. It hardly floats, is flies about the place like a swoop bike - it would have worked a lot better as a meditation chair which it claims to be.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
11.21.2012 , 11:15 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakycheeks View Post
For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.
Also yoda could barely walk without using the force in fights and he normally waddles around like an old man.

What is trully strange is an imperial agent cruising tatooine on the giant throne or sitting infront of a PVP terminal doing 360s.

Kleryk's Avatar


Kleryk
11.21.2012 , 07:32 PM | #128
Wait a second, two things caught my attention in this discussion. 1 - why would roleplayers be unhappy about the chair, hmm? I am not sure what to think about your limited imagination. Of course, a guy speeding through the desert on a flying throne would be ridiculous, but imagine a Darth hovering at walk speed through the Kaas citadel, talking to his apprentice that has to walk on foot. Imagine a Palpatine-like venerable sorcerer moving on the throne followed by his retinue.

Hell, if you want it to be stationary, then you can just not move it, for the love of God! A guild's council, all sitting on the thrones around a table at Korriban or DK, debating. When it can move, you can put it in nice circle or line for rp uses. Don't diss it just because your imagination is too limited to come up with something that isn't whining.

Why do the RIDICULOUS designs of most of the endgame armors not ruin your oh so fragile Star Wars immersion?

To all those claiming that they don't want useless gimmicks.. GOOD FOR YOU. Really. I am happy to hear that, now move along. First of all - as someone mentioned before me it's an MMO. Social stuff like funny pets, silly emotes and whatnot is just mandatory for players to have fun. You're not one of them? Well, too bad. DEAL WITH IT. Second thing - you don't want them, then don't buy them! As simple as that. Cartel Market from the beginning was advertised to have buckets of "useless gimicks" that some will enjoy. And yet people still ***** about it, astonishing.

Yes, this post is being written in anger. I'm a sith player, okay?

I just hope that BioWare comes up with some nice idea on how to expanding the contents available at CE and VIP vendors. Right now I don't really feel appreciated anymore as an owner of the CE. And they said it would be updated. But for now I will be happy if we'll get a steady stream of content updates for the Cartel Market. I would gladly pay 700 CC just for an adaptive version of the Sith Warrior's recruit gear helmet. In fact, I would buy two or three.


TL;DR version:

You don't want it - don't buy it. You don't like it - don't buy it. It ruins your immersion and makes you not enjoy the game? Go play an RPG. This is how MMO's always worked. You either get on with it or go play something else, as simple as that. Don't deny others their fun just because you don't like something. This game wasn't designed just for you to enjoy.
At least I have chicken.

MikWesten's Avatar


MikWesten
11.21.2012 , 10:38 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.
The flying throne isn't a new concept & certainly wasn't conceived by Bioware - I remember seeing that used in Marvel & DC comics over the years (Thanos used to use one at some point, for example). Personally I like it & hopefully will obtain one at some point. That's the thing - these items aren't to everyone's taste, so not sure why you need to call it "stupid" simply because you don't like it.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by MikWesten View Post
The flying throne isn't a new concept & certainly wasn't conceived by Bioware - I remember seeing that used in Marvel & DC comics over the years (Thanos used to use one at some point, for example). Personally I like it & hopefully will obtain one at some point. That's the thing - these items aren't to everyone's taste, so not sure why you need to call it "stupid" simply because you don't like it.
The fact is, and this is a response to the above, above poster as well. Its a good idea, I have nothing against floating/stationary thrones. Many RPers were looking forward to it. But as a speeder (the key phrase there being 'speed') is verging on the ridiculous. I mean, I'm sure none of those characters you mentioned sped about the place in their thrones like F1 drivers. Basically it would have worked better as a meditation throne aboard your ship, that maybe gives you buffs or something. Or some sort of emote, that is stationary.

P.S. Is this available for Republic players, or have they just missed out? Seems a little unfair if you ask me.