Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

Yojack
11.08.2012 , 10:11 AM | #611
Hello everyone. After a diablo 3 and guild wars 2 "experiment" I can definately say I miss SWTOR big time. Something just awesome about this game and I have resubscribed and of course will be playing through f2p. I have transfered my trooper to The Bastion server and my Powertech BH is on The Fatman. I will be back with updates soon
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

Cheeseblaster
11.08.2012 , 09:06 PM | #612
Awesome! Glad to have you back Yojack!

I still play around with my 50 Vangaurd Tank. But have started a DPS Vangaurd on the Shadowlands. Wow is that a heckuva lot of fun...

Now that I have a much better understanding of the game after playing it for a year, I'm going to start another tank and build it from the beginning with a better understanding of the game and mechanics.. Looking forward to it.
"This is war not kindergarten, suck it up"

chrisjamesdoxtat
11.22.2012 , 10:25 AM | #613
Hi new to the game use to play WoW and loved my class and character but couldn't deal with the headaches of failed groups due to pugs anymore. I wanted to create a similar character was wondering if anybody knows what would be an equivalent to an arcane mage here.

Yojack
11.25.2012 , 10:33 AM | #614
Not really the right spot for this question ^^ but you would be happy with a Trooper Commando in my opinion. Ranged dps that can heal and wear heavy armor.
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion

iDubstep
11.27.2012 , 10:30 AM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Yojack View Post
Hello everyone. After a diablo 3 and guild wars 2 "experiment" I can definately say I miss SWTOR big time. Something just awesome about this game and I have resubscribed and of course will be playing through f2p. I have transfered my trooper to The Bastion server and my Powertech BH is on The Fatman. I will be back with updates soon
Yojack,

I am wondering what brought you back to SWTOR from GW2 because I also have gone through the same progression of games and wound up back here. I played TERA for a while after SWTOR then D3 then GW2.

In GW2 I hit 80 on a Guardian then a Warrior. I tried out all of your Warrior builds and especially liked the 'Captain Hammer' build.

I think we both agree that there is nothing cooler than heavy armor.

Yojack
11.27.2012 , 10:35 PM | #616
Well I was a rogue in wow so nothing beats stealth Heavy armor looks great in this game though gotta admit. I just love the look and feel of this game, and with John Williams to top it off with the soundtrack...its just a lot of fun to play.
The Bastion

iDubstep
11.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #617
For PvP in a MMO do you prefer the grind for gear route or the purely aesthetic rewards route Yojack?

Yojack
11.28.2012 , 08:10 PM | #618
Well, definately not cosmetic driven. Cool looks will NOT make me grind hours of repetitive game play. But if it gives me an edge in pvp or makes pve progression easier etc, then I find the work worth the reward.
The Bastion

Yojack
11.29.2012 , 08:03 PM | #619
Updated front page with the 2013 Yojack Build Version 1.5 in two new flavors, max damage and max mitigation!
The Bastion

ghostshottgg
12.01.2012 , 12:02 PM | #620
Hey Yojack i am new to the Vanguard had a commando (just had to have a super big gun) and i like the vanguard alot more i was looking for a dps build but i see in your builds you dont use Gut why is that? and what advice can you throw out as too what a dps trooper should spec in terms of trees?