Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why not: Deception Manifesto

Atramar
11.22.2012 , 08:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nosmos View Post
I was more or less comparing carnage to deception since the spec play in a similar style - otherwise, im comparing STAT talents that every class gets that we do not
just eddited my post
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

nosmos
11.22.2012 , 08:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
just eddited my post
Ahh, i don't think adding much needed passive talents like increased for crit / accuracy and or mainstat will make them op in PVP, but it will help for PVE. Perhaps also make blackout's cooldown tick down every 4.5 seconds by 1 second every time you get a critical hit or something. In PVP the fights last to short of a time for any of this to matter
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Atramar
11.22.2012 , 08:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by nosmos View Post
Ahh, i don't think adding much needed passive talents like increased for crit / accuracy and or mainstat will make them op in PVP, but it will help for PVE. Perhaps also make blackout's cooldown tick down every 4.5 seconds by 1 second every time you get a critical hit or something. In PVP the fights last to short of a time for any of this to matter
Problem is, they are very very good in pvp, if pop out of stealth suprize attack, it almost never fails. Blackout is already 45s cooldown specced.
I'm not saying they don't need pve love, could be tweaked a bit torwards long fights, but be careful of what you wish for. to strong = nerfed -> usless
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel

nosmos
11.22.2012 , 09:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Problem is, they are very very good in pvp, if pop out of stealth suprize attack, it almost never fails. Blackout is already 45s cooldown specced.
I'm not saying they don't need pve love, could be tweaked a bit torwards long fights, but be careful of what you wish for. to strong = nerfed -> usless
We are in a good spot in PVP finally, I have very little difficulties pvp'n actually, but I am a good player. We are good counters to jugs, and as an assassin its my job to take down healers and range. Operative healers are tough, i often go force starved...a lot trying to kill them while they run and heal, at which point 4 people jump me.

All I want is to be able to increase my force crit through a talent, be it in surging charge stance or in the tree itself. Accuracy would be helpful to, these things are in every class but ours and i dont think it would make us OP in pvp, but it would allow me to focus more on power for PVE

Atramar
11.22.2012 , 09:55 AM | #15
if we'r doing wish list, I'd ask for giggle or noticable proc sound for energize (auto crit on shock for darkenss) and weakness... I always miss it...

suneilr
11.22.2012 , 10:50 AM | #16
So bring down the amount of dr the class has and replace it with more damage...
That would fix the entire pvp problem whilst massively helping for pve.
< ToFN Not Good Enough> The Hod Legacy
Lvl 55 Sage - Xivioke || Lvl 55 Scoundrel - El'ara || Lvl 55 Vanguard - Cky || Lvl 55 Sentinel - Black-sun || Lvl 55 Commando - Slack'er

nosmos
11.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by suneilr View Post
So bring down the amount of dr the class has and replace it with more damage...
That would fix the entire pvp problem whilst massively helping for pve.
That's an idea as well, though if we had something that increased our force crit by like 8 percent or w/e, i could have the same ammount of crit mods and have high crit - but yeah, good thought

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #18
Keep in mind the talent you have in the Madness tree which has Force Critical hits grant 9% increased melee crit chance which is not to be sneezed at. And you have a relatively short cooldown which grants 2 charges of a huge boost to Force Critical hits. More of a burst ability, but still lets not sit here and pretend like you don't have options to buff your crit rate sans stats.

I agree the deception/infiltration trees seem much more PVP focused at the best of times (high burst, a lot of utility talents), and they could really use some love in the PVE arena if they are going to be used for any kind of sustained DPS. Add talents that would provide an alternative to the utility talents (so it would be unfeasible to take both utility talents AND damage talents) would probably keep the balance struck between PVP and PVE. Perhaps not though.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Rynis
11.22.2012 , 11:30 AM | #19
I would love to see "Saber Conduit" be changed, like you said 10 force every 10 seconds is really a joke talent for 3 points.

Also a passive stat boost would be amazing!

Everything else in my opinion is fine...I run deception in PvP most of the time and pull great numbers. PvE wise, we have a deception assassin in a main raid group and he has zero trouble keeping up with the other dpsers.

All in all...a few more tweaks and deception will be perfect.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

nosmos
11.22.2012 , 11:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I would love to see "Saber Conduit" be changed, like you said 10 force every 10 seconds is really a joke talent for 3 points.

Also a passive stat boost would be amazing!

Everything else in my opinion is fine...I run deception in PvP most of the time and pull great numbers. PvE wise, we have a deception assassin in a main raid group and he has zero trouble keeping up with the other dpsers.

All in all...a few more tweaks and deception will be perfect.
Yeah, i keep up with our marauders and powertechs as deception in tfb hm, often im on top depending on the boss fight. It just makes me sooooooooo angry that we are the only class that does not have any main stat / crit / accuracy talents. Madness if spec'd can get a bit of a crit boost, but not deception? The entire spec is based of critical hits.

I just don't get it. Also it boggles my mind how the dread guard stalker set has only +44 accuracy on one piece...teh hell? I don't use it, i have all crafted 63's...but still, what an oversight