Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when do we get new chapters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So when do we get new chapters?

Brene
11.19.2012 , 09:31 PM | #1
We've been in interlude for long, long time.

Kilikaa
11.19.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2
When they have the stories written, dialog recorded and quests created. Of all the content the class stories are some of the most time consuming to make.

Brene
11.19.2012 , 09:58 PM | #3
A year is a long time for that.

Slowpokeking
11.19.2012 , 10:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
When they have the stories written, dialog recorded and quests created. Of all the content the class stories are some of the most time consuming to make.
I asked that author of IA story on twitter, he said some of his works are not released yet, so maybe they got the story ready but have to wait to see how well F2P goes then make class chapters.

EpicBloood
11.20.2012 , 12:34 AM | #5
My guess, based on past games I've played, release patterns for this game, and wild guessing is early to mid next year, maybe even sooner. (probably late Jan, or mid december (pushing it) to hit the christmas market)

Brene
11.20.2012 , 08:32 AM | #6
They were probably waiting for F2P so they could charge 29.99 per class arch.

psandak
11.20.2012 , 08:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Brene View Post
A year is a long time for that.
Not when you consider all the other work they've been doing.

That being said, in my experience from other MMOs, a lot of the time (but not all), when content is released they are well into development of the next content upgrade. However, as someone else already said, EA/BioWare was probably waiting to see the results of F2P before committing resources into content (that might never be released).

Lastly, when you consider the SWTOR story arcs are more detailed than most other MMOs (voice acting, conversations, etc), if they keep that quality level, I do not expect new chapters for at least another year.

Brene
11.20.2012 , 09:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Lastly, when you consider the SWTOR story arcs are more detailed than most other MMOs (voice acting, conversations, etc), if they keep that quality level, I do not expect new chapters for at least another year.
You must be new to EA/BioWare.

grania
11.21.2012 , 12:21 PM | #9
The consensus (used to be?) that the stories were written and dialogue recorded well into the future when the game released. Is this no longer the case? I haven't kept up with swtor news for the last few months, there may be more recent info that I'm not aware of.

In any case, the long awkward silence on my ships just keeps getting longer and awkwarder
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Girdeux
11.21.2012 , 08:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
The consensus (used to be?) that the stories were written and dialogue recorded well into the future when the game released. Is this no longer the case? I haven't kept up with swtor news for the last few months, there may be more recent info that I'm not aware of.

In any case, the long awkward silence on my ships just keeps getting longer and awkwarder
I dont remember at all that the dialogue was recorded well in advanced, I dont remember seeing anything of that sort stated. I remember it was stated that the writing team is "years" ahead though.